6 ft coiled cord?
Nov 13, 2004 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

alanz

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to change my configuration for using an iPod with my motorcycle's intercom system.

What I want is a 6 foot long coiled cord, with a 3.5mm stereo right angle male connector on one end, and a 3.5mm stereo straight female connector on the other end.

I've looked around, and haven't found this item yet.
Anyone know of a source for such a cable?

The closest I've come is one that uses 2.5mm connectors for phone headsets (item 24-2003 shown below.)
43-2003.jpg

Nov 14, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #2 of 5
<boring teacher voice>
Anyone? Anyone?
</boring teacher voice>

Nov 14, 2004 at 9:09 PM Post #3 of 5
Hey! Sorry no one has helped you at all. It doesn't seem like there are a lot of cables readily available for what you need.

I suggest you stop by Radio Shack and pick up one of these cables, which is a 6 ft. cable similar to the one you want, however it does not have a right-angle connector.

To remedy this, you can also buy one of these adaptors which will convert that straight plug into a right-angle plug. Hope that helps!

Nov 14, 2004 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 5
dont know where they sell coiled. i had a pioneer se-monitor10r headphone. i cut the coiled cord from it, and made a right angle interconnect. it works really weel, sold to phally, or whatever his nick is.

there are many coiled guitar cables that you can use and install stereo jacks to. go to froogle.com and search for coil cable.

on the other hand...if there is just one single copper group in those cables then you can only make a mono cable.

check this out: http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...afeed.MAX+HP20

Nov 15, 2004 at 5:36 AM Post #5 of 5
Thanks all....

I'd already looked at the radio shack options....

I was hoping someone actually has built the cable I'm looking for, rather than me getting out the soldering iron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back