6 drivers?!?!
May 31, 2009 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

D_4_Dog

100+ Head-Fier
JH AUDIO | Pro Music

Did a quick search but didn't find anything on this IEM (JH 13 pro)on head-fi. Anybody know anything about it?? how the HECK did they fit 6 drivers in there?!?!

May 31, 2009 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 21
All that and it still can't hit the 10Hz the lower-end JH 11 Pro can? What?

By the way, Jude posted a thread about Jerry Harvey a while ago. Go look for it, it shouldn't be too far back.

May 31, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 21
its only just been released, some may have heard the universal demo version at CanJam, but no-one will have any of the full version yet as none have been produced for the general public. you'll be waiting a week or so before the first reports start rolling in I imagine. it has 3 dual drivers, not 6 individual ones. all the same it sounds like overkill to me. driver peen ;p all the same i'm watching closely as its between these and ES3X for me at the moment. with ES3X in the lead unless someone can explain to me why any more than 3 drivers is actually needed. especially since the rated FR is only 20-20; although 20khz is higher than has been managed before in BA IEMs not very low bass for dual bass drivers though

May 31, 2009 at 2:34 PM Post #4 of 21
I'm still surprised the cheaper model hits the sub-bass region, and yet they couldn't reproduce that same low-end response with a 6-driver setup. It seems the only advantage is more high-end extension, but honestly, at 17kHz you don't really feel like you're missing anything, since just about nothing truly hits 20kHz in music, and even if it did it would be pretty painful/annoying. And an IEM can be bright and detailed with a high-end that only extends to 17kHz. For example, the PFE.

May 31, 2009 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 21
ah, that makes more sense, thanks qusp.

So many unveilings at this years CanJam! if only i didn't have to work.........

May 31, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 21
trust your ears, not the specs. wait for some reviews to come in.

audio specs can mean a lot of things, and they're there for professional engineers to make assessments. no engineer, myself included, looks at specs to make decisions entirely.

May 31, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by joeshambro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
trust your ears, not the specs. wait for some reviews to come in.

audio specs can mean a lot of things, and they're there for professional engineers to make assessments. no engineer, myself included, looks at specs to make decisions entirely.

Of course.

But being able to dive into sub-bass territory should mean a cleaner and more effortless extension to the audible 20Hz frequency, correct?

May 31, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #8 of 21
This should be interesting. I have not found that more is always better and find that often less is better but who knows, this may be really, really big. Hey, it's all good.

May 31, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #10 of 21
I listened to them yesterday. Although I have never listened to a customs before and the demo was fitted with soft sleeves, like I mentioned in another thread, it was better than the UM3x, it was very neutral and clear. The bass was not boomy, well defined, and the highs were just right. In other words, it sounded extremelly well. I just don't know how it compares with ES3X or UE11. Keep in mind that the guy who designed them started UE and designed practically all their phones, so he really knows what he is doing. The price is competitive (is 1100.00 competitive?
eek.gif
) and I am sure it will develop a fan base. I for one am not yet ready to expend that much money in customs. Just ordered the UM56 and I am eager to find out how comfortable (or not) custom molds are.

May 31, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #11 of 21
And sometimes the crossover can get in the way. Should be interesting.

May 31, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #15 of 21
Call me old-fashioned but I find the slogan We call it the JH13 Pro. You'll call it Aural Sex clever, yes, but crass.

And being even more old-fashioned and/ or an old fart I much prefer the sort of low-profile Westone website to the flashy & sleek looking JH Audio or Ultimte Ears websites, which I personally find off-putting. But that, of course, doesn't mean they don't make quality products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back