5th Gen iPod cases?
Nov 8, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #16 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by CookieFactory
TheInvisibleShield is pretty good, albeit a bit expensive for a little piece of 3M Scotchgard. It keeps my 5G nice and protected without altering it's looks/form.
I used to use an iSkin on my previous Photo but I didn't want to bulk up the slim form factor of the 5G.
Also note that the iSkin hard plastic screen protector will, ironically enough, scratch the Ipod's screen at the 4 contact points. You will need some kind of PDA screen protector to serve as a buffer.

yeah, when you think about what it really is (3M scotchguard), it's pricey. you can buy large sheets of it elsewhere and cut it yourself...they actually work well for motorcycle fenders, too. but they're comparable to other ipod guards out there.

anyway, the back was a bit harder to put on only b/c the tabs require some patience to stick down. but no dust and almost all the air bubbles are easily squeegeed out. i hear it's more noticeable on the black ipods, though. this site gives some visual instructions for applying on a black nano.

Nov 13, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #17 of 33
I've decided to order the Agent 18 case for my video iPod. It will be available later this month (November, 2005).

I especially like the more open access to the bottom port. This is one of the few hard cases that will accomodate connectivity to my Sendstation PocketDock. Also, I am expecting many of the new accessories to connect to the bottom port.

Agent 18

Nov 14, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #18 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads
If you want silicone :http://zcover.com/zCover_Product_iPod_G5_Original.htm

I just ordered one for my nano I will report on quality.
cool.gif

yeah please let us know how the quality of that skin, i was going to order one too, i'll wait for your review.

i like that agent 18 skin better though.

Nov 14, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #19 of 33
i loved my 3G iSkin eVo... so i'll probably maintain brand loyalty for a change and get the iSkin eVo3 when it's out...

although the computer-rendering currently on the website is ugly.

Nov 15, 2005 at 2:13 PM Post #22 of 33
I have an Agent 18 case for the Nano and it's form is great. However there are two lines going across the face of the case including the screen though, and if this were the case with the 5G it might be a bit distracting. A rainbow-like refraction of the lines can be seen at most times when the backlight is on. Apart from that, easily the best case I've come across in terms of the level of protection vs portability. Regardless of the lines (if they are there) I will be picking up a 5G Agent 18.

DSC02960.jpg

I see ZCover is also gaining popularity. I have a cover for the X5 and it's easily one of the most thought-out silicone cases I've come across in a while. I haven't bought a 5G ZCover (and have no plans to buy one) but if I wanted a silicone case they're the ones I'd go for.

Nov 15, 2005 at 3:22 PM Post #23 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
got a screen protector and silicone case yesterday for my 5G 60gb ipod.
biggrin.gif

dsc004663jw.jpg

what kind of case is that? where'd ya get it? how much? inquiring minds...

Nov 15, 2005 at 6:45 PM Post #26 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by TooNice
Do Agent 18 ship to the UK though?

I picked up mine on Tottenham Court Road. So there are definitely importers. I really do hope they do separate 30g/60g versions, not 60g with filler.

Nov 16, 2005 at 2:06 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by VicAjax
what kind of case is that? where'd ya get it? how much? inquiring minds...

that is a silicone case. i got it from a shop in singapore. it costs SGD20. this is the 60gb version. there is also a 30gb version. there are also other colours available. but this will be temporary as i prefer a leather case.

Nov 16, 2005 at 6:54 PM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I picked up mine on Tottenham Court Road. So there are definitely importers. I really do hope they do separate 30g/60g versions, not 60g with filler.

What shop? I tried the apple store on Regent street but had no luck.

Nov 20, 2005 at 12:35 PM Post #30 of 33
the Agent 18 case looks cool i have to admit..

but one thing really bothers me... its the bottom of the case...

it does not cover there? ie. the part where u connect the usb2 cable to...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back