5th Calgary meeting: January 2012
Jan 6, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #16 of 67

Quote:
Got day off! I'll be bringing a set of HD 800s and some other nice gear
L3000.gif

Awesome! I'm glad you get to come now. I didn't get to really listen to the HD800s last time I played with a set. Definitely still on my wish list for a new set of high-end cans... but then I lean back to the Beyer T1. Sigh...

Dale

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #17 of 67
My impression of the HD 800 mirrors a lot of other head fier's : An engineering marvel with the most amazing soundstage and lighting quick transients held back by an unfortunately not very enjoyable tonal balance.

So far I've attempted to get around that through EQing, but since that's not such a good solution for a meet environment, I'm thinking there's a good chance I'll attempt the Anaxilus mod, which seemingly everyone prefers over the vanilla 800.

Jan 7, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #18 of 67
I actually DON'T prefer the Anaxilus mod... maybe because I have a pair of LCD2s though lol

Quote:
My impression of the HD 800 mirrors a lot of other head fier's : An engineering marvel with the most amazing soundstage and lighting quick transients held back by an unfortunately not very enjoyable tonal balance.

So far I've attempted to get around that through EQing, but since that's not such a good solution for a meet environment, I'm thinking there's a good chance I'll attempt the Anaxilus mod, which seemingly everyone prefers over the vanilla 800.

Jan 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM Post #21 of 67
From what i remember last time, there's free parking in the back

Jan 11, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #25 of 67

Quote:
did you guys just check out the new thread for the hd700? Man looks like its going to be one good hp.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/589738/sennheiser-hd-700-official-unveiling-tomorrow-at-ces-2012

GRRRRRRRRR........ When will it ever stop? I mean, every time I think I'm close to buying a nice high end set of cans, another one comes along! Sigh.... I guess I should be glad as the HD700 is less expensive than the Beyer T1 or the HD800, which were the 2 contenders on my short list. Only problem now is having to wait to hear the HD700 now.

Maybe I should just throw it all into the wind and just pick up some LCD-2's instead?!?

Oh well, still really looking forward to the meet! Who knows what will happen by then....

Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back