5th Annual HeadRoom & Friends Hits Los Angeles Sunday August 7
Jun 27, 2011 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

JorgeC

Sponsor: HeadRoom
Hi Everyone,

Don't wanna get too far ahead of ourselves but i just posted this in our own HeadRoom forum and wanted to let everyone know about the 5th Annual 'HeadRoom & Friends' headphone event to be held in Buena Park CA on Sunday August 7, sponsored by the wonderful Los Angeles Orange County Audiophile Society (LAOCAS) and Mr.Bob Levi.

Fresh from exhibiting to headphone-hungry hordes by the thousands at T.H.E. SHOW in Newport Beach in early June, this year's HeadRoom & Friends promises to be an all-headphone extravaganza blast featuring the best products from HeadRoom~Headphone.com (of course!
tongue.gif
), Sennheiser, Phiaton, Ultrasone, HiFiMAN, Audeze, CEntrance, Spider, Kimber, Eddie Current, DXC Store and likely a few more headphone-type folks yet to officially confirm. Prepare thy noggin for a lovely Sunday afternoon spent in the swanky Buena Park CA Holiday Inn Penthouse Ballroom listening to the best home/office, portable, in-ear and reference headphone systems all under one roof. Great food, cool drinks, adult beverages, Eastwind Import LP/CDs will be available and some raffles of free gear will be held at end of the day. Last years' Grand Prize winner walked away with a completely gratis HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp/DAC + Beyerdynamic T1 headphones combo worth nearly $3,000... WOW!
biggrin.gif

So L.A.-area headphone lovers, bring a pal or two and come out to Buena Park on Sunday August 7 (12-noon to 5pm) for the best headphone event of the summer. Thanks to LAOCAS & Bob Levi, the event is completely free and open to all!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

jorge
HeadRoom Sales/Operations Manager
jorge@headphone.com

Jun 28, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 51

Quote:
I think you said we can bring our own amps and cans? Do we need to RSVP about that, or just show up with them?

Mike

Hi Mike1127,

We're hoping on having several display tables set-up specifically for 'hobbyists' and Head-Fiers at this year's HeadRoom & Friends event, so it should be fine either way.

But letting us know you're coming is certainly much appreciated and will help us assess how many tables we'll need. Any Head-Fi attendees can just 'confirm' in this thread!

Hope to see u there!
L3000.gif

Cheers,

jorge
HeadRoom Operations & Sales Manager
jorge@headphone.com

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #5 of 51
OK: RSVP-ing now, I'd like to bring my CD player, amp (a custom modified Hifiman EF5), and not sure which headphones yet (probably a few AKG models). I would need no more than 20" of table width for the electronics, plus maybe some open space to rest headphones.

Mike (mike1127)

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 51

Quote:
OK: RSVP-ing now, I'd like to bring my CD player, amp (a custom modified Hifiman EF5), and not sure which headphones yet (probably a few AKG models). I would need no more than 20" of table width for the electronics, plus maybe some open space to rest headphones.

Mike (mike1127)

Got it, Mike1127. That's awesome!

We'll be in the Buena Park Holiday Inn (7000 Beach Blvd) Penthouse Ballroom by about 10am Sunday August 7 for set-up. Feel free to show up anytime thereafter for your table arrangements. Official showtime is 12 noon~5pm.
Thanks so much for supporting our grandest HR&F event to date, it will be a huge blast.  See u there! 
L3000.gif

Cheers,

jorge
jorge@headphone.com

Jun 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #8 of 51

Quote:
How many attendees are you guys anticipating?

Hi N3rdling,

At last year's "HeadRoom & Friends" event, we had about 140 headphone and audio lovers, dealers and reviewers stay for nearly 6 hours listening to top headphones, discussing great headphone gear and enjoying a leisurely Sunday with a huge array of our products. It's a great chance to get ears on some killer headphone gear all under one roof and this years' event will be more heavily promoted by LAOCAS and ourselves -- plus we have a killer array of hp audiophile heavy-hitters like HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, Audeze, Kimber, Spider, Ultrasone and, of course, HeadRoom~Headphone.com (along with several others) slated to attend.
tongue.gif

The raffle giveaways are pretty cool too; As mentioned in one of these threads, at last years HR&F we gave away a new combo of a HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp + Beyerdynamic T1 headphones worth about $2,800 bucks to one lucky, vaguely stunned attendee who was our Grand Prize winner --  i predict he'll be back again this year!

Hope to see u there!
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers,

jorge
jorge@headphone.com

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #9 of 51
Marking my calendar. I'll be there. Thanks.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #10 of 51
definitely going!!!

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #11 of 51
I just thought about security. My CD player, amp, and cables are worth like $5500. I would like to check out the whole room, but then no one has an eye on my stuff. Your (Headroom's) stuff is valuable for sure. How do you handle security at a show like this?

At least my stuff has the benefit of looking humble. It's mostly custom mods that cost me a lot (paid for engineering and tech work) on base equipment that was inexpensive. The cables don't look like much and aren't a recognizable brand. My power conditioner looks like a cheap power strip.

Mike

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #13 of 51
Hi Everyone, Just wanted to provide an update on the HeadRoom & Friends event.....As you'll note, we've amassed a stellar array of heavy hitters for our 5th Annual L.A. show to make it the most intensive headphone-dedicated spectacular yet for LAOCAS! We have also provided 2 tables for Head-Fi hobbyists exhibiting their personal headphone rigs & uniquely individual (non-commercial) head-amp creations. Of course, all are welcome!

1. HeadRoom~Headphone.com = 3-4 tables
2. CEntrance DACs = 1 table
3. Sennheiser = 1 table
4. Audeze = 1 table
5. Eddie Current Amps = 1 table
6. HiFiMan = 1 table
7. Ultrasone = 1 table
8. Phiaton = 1 table
9. DXC Store (HR Dealer) = 1 table
10. Spider = 1 table
11. Maximo = 1 table
12. Head-Fi.org Headphone Hobbyists Assoc = 2 tables; either 8ft or 12ft lengths (...need more?)  

We sure hope to see everyone there! :) Bob Levi, long-time curator of LAOCAS, predicts attendance of over 200 people at this year's HeadRoom & Friends event... Woo-hoo!!

Also, amongst many other freebie giveaways at our 5th Annual event, HeadRoom will raffle off a brand-new, top-of-the-line HeadRoom Ultra Balanced Desktop DAC to one lucky winner at the end of the day.

CHEERS!
beerchug.gif

jorge
jorge@headphone.com

Jul 7, 2011 at 2:46 PM Post #14 of 51

Quote:
I just thought about security. My CD player, amp, and cables are worth like $5500. I would like to check out the whole room, but then no one has an eye on my stuff. Your (Headroom's) stuff is valuable for sure. How do you handle security at a show like this?

At least my stuff has the benefit of looking humble. It's mostly custom mods that cost me a lot (paid for engineering and tech work) on base equipment that was inexpensive. The cables don't look like much and aren't a recognizable brand. My power conditioner looks like a cheap power strip.

Mike

Hi Mike1127,

Hmm, well to be on the safe side we always have someone manning our HeadRoom tables at all times, if for no other reason than just to answer questions and help folks out if needed.

That seems to help tamp down on dreaded 'crimes of opportunity' !
eek.gif

Looking forward to seeing u there!

jorge
jorge@headphone.com

Jul 7, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #15 of 51

Quote:

Hi Mike1127,

Hmm, well to be on the safe side we always have someone manning our HeadRoom tables at all times, if for no other reason than just to answer questions and help folks out if needed.

That seems to help tamp down on dreaded 'crimes of opportunity' !
eek.gif

Looking forward to seeing u there!

jorge
jorge@headphone.com

I want to leave my table sometimes to walk around the show, but I'll probably coordinate with other people at the table to take turns watching stuff. It should be fine.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back