5g iPod>Ram Din>PA2V2>???? I need recommendations.
Mar 2, 2006 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wnewport

1000+ Head-Fier
I am having trouble deciding on which headphones to try next. I am leaning towards portablility with something that leaks less than sound than grados.

I also am very interested in a nicer set of IEM's. The e4c and Super.fi 5 pro's are the top of my list, but I am afriad I will get a lot of distortion and not much sq improvement using my amp.

I am considering the es7 or other Audio Technicas, k81 or other AKGs, and possibly a nicer Grado like an sr225 or better.

I am open to all input.

-Wyatt

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:05 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Depends on your music. I personally have a very high opinion of the Senn HD 25-SP and 25-1, and I am currently crushing on the K 81 or K 181.

What is the level of quality for the HD25's? I considered those for their great sq, but they didn't appear to be very durable.

I had looked the k181 but Todd's description made me weary.

"The K181DJ is ideal for use in clubs. Tweaked for dj's in large or small clubs, these can allow you to hear what you are doing . They are not for the audiophile listener - these truly are a dream headphone for use in a loud bassy environment."

Although they might sound great for a
basshead.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 8
I've never heard the K 81 or K 181, I just think they look very promising.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport
What is the level of quality for the HD25's? I considered those for their great sq, but they didn't appear to be very durable.

When human beings have been extinct for millions of years, archaeologists of a future species will be discovering HD25's in working condition.

Mar 2, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport
I also am very interested in a nicer set of IEM's. The e4c and Super.fi 5 pro's are the top of my list, but I am afriad I will get a lot of distortion and not much sq improvement using my amp.
-Wyatt

What on earth gives you the impression that you'll get lots of distortion?!?
confused.gif

There's an improvement in soundquality when using an amp because you're getting cleaner sound off the line out.

Mar 3, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
What on earth gives you the impression that you'll get lots of distortion?!?
confused.gif

There's an improvement in soundquality when using an amp because you're getting cleaner sound off the line out.

I have read that with the low impendence of IEM's they produce a static humming from mp3 players such as the ipod, I guess this isn't true with the lineout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back