5G iPod, Dock, Annoyances... help?
Nov 4, 2005 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

xaipemw

100+ Head-Fier
I just got the Apple Universal Dock today in the mail. I've got the line out running to my Tivoli Model 2, which sounds really wonderful. However, I've got a gripe that I don't know the solution to. Every few minutes, even after I've ejected the iPod, and am playing music through the dock's line out to my Tivoli, the damn thing starts up iTunes automatically. I even disabled "open iTunes automatically when iPod is plugged in", and its still happening.

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this from occuring? I want to have my iPod plugged in to recharge it when its on the dock, and I was hoping to not have to use the USB wall adaptor for this purpose.

Nov 5, 2005 at 3:33 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
try changing it to "manually update" rather "automatically update"...

Actually I tried that already, and it is still opening iTunes up. This time I disabled syncing the calender and address book, as well as syncing photos. I really hope this will quell the automatic iTunes opening, as restarting my iPod all the time really annoys me.

Nov 5, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 8
still no luck. I've turned off anything that could be perceieved as automatic on iTunes, and it still opens up every 5 minutes or so. If I can't figure it out myself, or if no one here has an answer, i'm going to call Applecare on Monday morning. grrrr.

Nov 5, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #5 of 8
Yet Another update. I still have my older Apple Dock from my 60GB 4G iPod. I tried using it instead of the Universal dock. The problem went away! I wonder if there's some sort of firmware of sorts built into the new U.D. that makes this happen.
blink.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw
Every few minutes, even after I've ejected the iPod, and am playing music through the dock's line out to my Tivoli, the damn thing starts up iTunes automatically.

Have you enabled Disk Use?
There seems to be a good deal of "eject" issues here. The 5G evidently likes to stay attached permanently!

Nov 5, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw
Every few minutes, even after I've ejected the iPod, and am playing music through the dock's line out to my Tivoli, the damn thing starts up iTunes automatically. I even disabled "open iTunes automatically when iPod is plugged in", and its still happening.

Does anyone have any idea how to stop this from occuring?

Well, the obvious approach would be just not to quit iTunes. I don't know what kind of computer you're running and whether you need all the mem and cycles elsewhere, but I just leave iTunes active. In fact it opens on startup. Nevertheless this issue should not be there anyway, sounds annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back