5G iPod as Source
Nov 21, 2005 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

matthew-s

New Head-Fier
Hi -

I see there is a docking station for the 5G which allows you to play video to your TV. This device also has a remote.

If I were to have this docking station, could I use it to not only view video, but to browse and select tracks from the iPod music library from my tv set? To me, this is much more valuable feature than using the iPod as a video source at home.

If the current docking station does not do this, someone better hurry up and make one fast!

Thanks,

Matt.

Nov 27, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #3 of 3
No, the video output is not a mirrored source, rather it is a secondary source that you must select. You can only use a TV with Photo Slideshow and Videos. I am not sure why this was done but I speculate it has something to do with the processor. I believe the iPod video utilizes two processors, one for music + menus and the other for videos + full screen pictures. And then only the second processor actually has a video out, so only those two funtions can be used on a TV. Sorry, that would be very cool. My suggestion is that if you have a laptop, hook up your laptop to the TV and the iPod to the Laptop. That is of course if you have a bluetooth keyboard.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back