5G ipod + 2006 TA = enough to justify HD650?
Jul 25, 2007 at 10:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chriscu1

100+ Head-Fier
As my title suggests, I have a 5G Ipod video which is fed via line out to the latest revision of the Total Airhead. Would I still be able to hear the benefits of the HD650, or would it be wasted money and I should just go for the HD580? It's possible I may upgrade amp later, but for this scenario, let's assume I never upgrade either source or amp.

Hopefully someone has these same ingredients (or one of them at the least) and has some input. Thanks.

Jul 25, 2007 at 4:14 PM Post #2 of 5
They sound very different. 580 is a tad darker overall with a more even overall presentation while the 650 is a bit more tipped in the highs and has greater bass presence. Its inherent in the headphones themselves and that setup of yours will no doubt show the differences.

Jul 25, 2007 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 5
I've run the 5g into a total airhead through both of those, and the differences are significant enough to be appreciated.

I ended up with the 580 because I didn't really prefer one to the other, so the price difference was prohibitive to me. If you prefer the HD 650, you will able to justify it with that rig. The 650 can definitely support a better amp and source if you choose to upgrade down the line, though.

Jul 26, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by chriscu1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the input guys. Now to see if I can roundup the extra cash!

Excellent decision
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back