598's still $180?
Jul 13, 2011 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JasonZ10

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Head-Fi'ers, I was looking at headphones a while ago and was told that the Sennheiser 598's could be bought for only $180 instead of the price shown on the website ($250), if you order by phone. Does this still work? If not then where is the cheapest place to buy the same headphones other than Amazon?

Thanks,

Jul 13, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 10
It's $180 over the phone from J&R, not Amazon. And yes the price is still good. I just ordered mine on Sunday and received them today.

Jul 13, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 10
jr.com only does their deals through phone orders you'll have call to get the deal.
They won't show you a deal on their website usually it says call for latest price.

Jul 13, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
It's $180 over the phone from J&R, not Amazon. And yes the price is still good. I just ordered mine on Sunday and received them today.

Haha, whoops, I meant to say J&R but I guess I missed it. I'll hopefully be ordering them soon. Are they good for first audiophile headphones?
I'm going to use them for Gaming (WoW & TF2), listening to DnB, Techno, and chill rap, and watching movies and tv shows from time to time.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #5 of 10
Yeah I think they're quite good for first time cans. For gaming and watching movies and tv shows they should be great because of the wide soundstage. Hmm... I don't know if they'd be the best for DnB, techno and rap though as they're not particularly bass heavy. 

Quote:
Haha, whoops, I meant to say J&R but I guess I missed it. I'll hopefully be ordering them soon. Are they good for first audiophile headphones?
I'm going to use them for Gaming (WoW & TF2), listening to DnB, Techno, and chill rap, and watching movies and tv shows from time to time.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:

The website shows that they are on backorder right now (and has for a few days), but that doesn't sound right if you ordered them Sunday and got them today.  I've been looking to order them myself, but I've been waiting thanks to that backordered status.  Gonna call them tomorrow.

Jul 14, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #7 of 10
Oh wow, out of stock already? That was quick. Yeah they had been out of stock for most of last week. I was surprised when I saw that it was listed as in stock again Sunday. Guess there's either high demand or they didn't get that much in.

Quote:
The website shows that they are on backorder right now (and has for a few days), but that doesn't sound right if you ordered them Sunday and got them today.  I've been looking to order them myself, but I've been waiting thanks to that backordered status.  Gonna call them tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back