598's Might Not B Right for Me and R/B.
Dec 22, 2014 at 4:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

HarlemKeeper

New Head-Fier
Hello - I am looking to replace my HD 598 headphones with a similar style (esp. open air) HP that has a bit more bass presence.   I do not want something overwhelming or thumping - but something that compliments R/B - and Latin (jazz).  I will be using them with an Onkyo c7030 CD player.   For my portable devices - I use several mp3 players - with my Cowon C2 being my favorite - paired with Sennheiser MM 60s and PX 95s - the next best sounding portable HPs to my now destroyed original PX 100s.

When I go from listening to the 95s to the 598s on my CD player - I feel that I loose a warmth and fullness that I enjoy in my simple mobile pairing. Initially, I thought to just get an amp.  Now, I am thinking I need a different type of HP.  I am not looking to break the bank here - I have spent quite a bit on electronics since the summer.  But your recommendations would be greatly appreciated -

Dec 22, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 2
  Hello - I am looking to replace my HD 598 headphones with a similar style (esp. open air) HP that has a bit more bass presence.   I do not want something overwhelming or thumping - but something that compliments R/B - and Latin (jazz).  I will be using them with an Onkyo c7030 CD player.   For my portable devices - I use several mp3 players - with my Cowon C2 being my favorite - paired with Sennheiser MM 60s and PX 95s - the next best sounding portable HPs to my now destroyed original PX 100s.

When I go from listening to the 95s to the 598s on my CD player - I feel that I loose a warmth and fullness that I enjoy in my simple mobile pairing. Initially, I thought to just get an amp.  Now, I am thinking I need a different type of HP.  I am not looking to break the bank here - I have spent quite a bit on electronics since the summer.  But your recommendations would be greatly appreciated -

Hello, you should consider SoundMagic HP200

You can read about them here:
http://noblehifi.blogspot.com.ar/2013/05/soundmagic-hp200-review.html

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back