580 Ovation - worth upgrading cable?
Feb 18, 2009 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Wojtek

New Head-Fier
Hi -
I'd really appreciate some advice on this , please signpost me if it 's all been covered elsewhere.

I've dusted off an old pair of Senhheiser 565 Ovation (sorry, not 580, typo) 'phones recently and got into using them at work. Plugging them into my macbook, quite good results. However, the left cable plug is losing contact, I understand it's a common problem.

My questions:

1. If I'm plugging into a 1/8 socket on my mac then 'upgrading' to the 650 cable with a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter surely isn't worth it?

2. From what i've read the 565 Ovations are a long way beneath 600/650's in quality overall - is that right ? They seem to run well from the laptop, are they easier to drive than 650's? And therefore is there no need to consider expensive 3rd party cable upgrades?

Thanks

Feb 18, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 3
The 565 is not a very popular headphone and as such I have never listened to them.
If you want to change the cable DIY a cable from Mogami or Canare. I would not consider an expensive after market cable.

Feb 19, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the tip - will look into it or just get the stock replacement cable (it's a bit flimsy).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back