580 cleaning
Feb 6, 2004 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Mick

100+ Head-Fier
My 580's padsare getting a little dirty with white fuzz etc, does anyone els ehave this problem? (probably from the white towels I use) Can anyone recommend how to clean this prob. I was thinking of using an animals hair removal roller, but some of them are so strong it would remove all the black fur from the pads. Thanks.
frown.gif

Feb 6, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 6
I've had this same problem, but I've found that if you gently run your finger along the pads, you can move all the dust, etc. into a small area, where you can easily lift it off. Hope that works for you!

Feb 6, 2004 at 12:33 AM Post #3 of 6
I would roll the hair removal over some cloths first, to reduce its stickiness. When it appears to be ok (test with your hands) then I would roll it on the 580's pads.

Feb 6, 2004 at 5:37 AM Post #6 of 6
try a lint remover - comes in a roll with sticky tape that you peel off when it no longer sticky - 3m has one. look here
http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/e...er/output_html

its pretty cheap - i get it where i am for about 1.50 or so. look for the smallest size as that is suitable - smaller roll diameter. highly effective in keeping your pads clean.

i also store my senn 600 in the original box when not in use sans the foam stuff and i have 2 small boxes of silica gel, which keeps the senns fresh
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back