580/600/650 Pad Replacements
Sep 23, 2006 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

awu_gigabyte

New Head-Fier
Hello all. I just purchased a pair of 650s on the forum here, and i'm considering getting a replacement set of pads, just to start fresh. headroom used to sell them for 35.00 not a few days ago, but i go today, and they've raised the rates to 45!

Is there any other reputible place online to pick these up?

Thanks!

Sep 23, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #3 of 9
Thanks for the reply.

I came across the thread about washing them right after i posted this thread. I'll probably still be picking up some new ones, but i did wash the pads and the foam with laundry detergent, they're still alittle dry, but that sweaty smell is mostly gone.

Thanks again.

PS - If anyone knows where to get these cheap, please let me and all of us know
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2006 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte
Thanks for the reply.

I came across the thread about washing them right after i posted this thread. I'll probably still be picking up some new ones, but i did wash the pads and the foam with laundry detergent, they're still alittle dry, but that sweaty smell is mostly gone.

Thanks again.

PS - If anyone knows where to get these cheap, please let me and all of us know
smily_headphones1.gif

They are not supposed to be wet!
biggrin.gif
Try treating your pads with some hair conditioner water. You'll be surprised to find how much better it feels on your head (and smells better than detergent too!).

Anyway I'd be interested to find out where to get replacement pads as well (as spares).

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2006 at 11:58 PM Post #5 of 9
Well they got wet! I submerged them for a good hour in detergent, the foams smell is gone, but pads you can still smell alittle bit of the last user, but i'm sure that will go away with time.

I'm tempted to buy new pads from senn, but i'm afraid someone will come along with a link for 2.99 and free shipping. I'll hold out until i have no choice.

Any recommendations on washing the headband pad? Its got some sweat odor too, but not easily removable to wash, any ideas?

Thanks.

Sep 24, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte
Well they got wet! I submerged them for a good hour in detergent, the foams smell is gone, but pads you can still smell alittle bit of the last user, but i'm sure that will go away with time.

What I did was basically wash the pads in detergent water for only 5 minutes, rinse off with water, follow with another soak in hair conditioner water for another 5 minutes, rinse off with water again. Gently squeezed dry the pads and left them under the morning sun. Within 3 hours, the pads are completely dry, fresh-smelling/-feeling and ready to be put back to use.
580smile.gif

Oct 14, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm tempted to buy new pads from senn, but i'm afraid someone will come along with a link for 2.99 and free shipping. I'll hold out until i have no choice.

I doubt you'll ever see any legit Senn pads selling for anything like this. Usually buying direct from Sennheiser will give you the best price, unless you live in a country where their prices are way high.

I've seen people selling stock HD650 cables on the FS pages for $25 an higher, plus shipping. It cracks me up because I got one from Sennheiser USA for $19 shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back