56K WARNING!! large size pic of the new Sennheiser HD-595
Feb 28, 2004 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

gsferrari

Member of the Trade: Veda Audio Contributor
I am so excited about this headphone. I have mine coming all the way from Deutschland courtesy Jan Meier who is shipping them out to me in a few hours from now...the race to be the first NON reseller to check out these cans!!
eek.gif

Anyway - Here is a larger pic of this headphone. I think it is beautiful in a rounded, moulded way
tongue.gif

This pic looks more like a 3D Rendering than a real pic of the unit but who cares...as long as it looks anything like this I will be very pleased
tongue.gif

HD595_hires.jpg

Anyone else getting these cans??

Feb 28, 2004 at 4:22 AM Post #2 of 29
AWESOME. I am plannig on getting a pair. Tyll just made another passing rave about them in a thread about frequency response measuring techniques in the head-fi headroom forum, putting the Senn HD595s in the same class as the ETY 4s and the HD650s. But the HD595 frequency response sound signature looks much more to my taste than the ETYs or the HD650s. I'm going to try to wait for them to get here in the states to Headroom, since they've been so cool about providing the best heads-up information about them.
cool.gif

Feb 28, 2004 at 5:24 AM Post #5 of 29
Errr...pic no worky...How's bout a linkey instead ? (checked in IE as well as in my FF browser)

Feb 28, 2004 at 6:00 AM Post #9 of 29
That image is retartedly large. SIZE IT DOWN BY HALF.

For gods sake, I have a cable connection and it took about 10 seconds for the thing to load.

Its about twice the size of my monitor and I have a 17" LCD running at 1280x1024.

thats not too big to DL on a cable connect, but its still too big to look at it.

Feb 28, 2004 at 6:18 AM Post #10 of 29
Ok...works again. haha..dabeststax, if you think it's retardedly large on your screen, try it with 800x600 resolution ! (also 17")

I'd love to actually see it close up, and in ONE piece...but from the section by section view, IMO, it's VERY sexy. I love it. Much more than the 580's/600's etc... very sleek design. I'm definetely going to audition a pair. Ah, found a good pic.

hd595.jpg

Feb 28, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #11 of 29
I think it looks reminiscent of the pre-bionetic series Sennheiser phones. The overall shape is quite similar to my HD545s, though these new ones are a lot sleeker and have a real grill as opposed to the slotted plastic grill on my 545s. I like it. It acknowledges the old Senn style but gives it a fresh look.

Feb 28, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #12 of 29
That picture really is absurdly large. This could almost qualify as a DSL-warning-sized pic.
wink.gif

Am I the only one who thinks that the headband is a bit reminiscent of the CD3000s?

Feb 28, 2004 at 7:19 AM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari

Mine should already be on its way from Spardorf to Hannover, too - along with a DT440 and a few of the Tech+Link-cables Jan offers...

Comparisions will be a bit limited, though, because so far I've only got the K240S, K271S and DT531 here, while the rest of my collection is still in Munich - except from Beyerdynamic's DTX20 earbuds (comments will follow after thorough burn-in...), which I've found and got at the Media Markt in Hannover Vahrenwald...

Greetings!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Nice to hear Jan on the phone again, btw - he's fairly busy and doing well, and his accent is so cute!
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2004 at 7:44 AM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by gsferrari
I am so excited about this headphone. I have mine coming all the way from Deutschland courtesy Jan Meier who is shipping them out to me in a few hours from now...the race to be the first NON reseller to check out these cans!!
eek.gif

I am also very excited as mine are on the way from Meier Audio as well! Sometimes, when I read a little too much Head-Fi, I have dreams where I audition headphones that I have never heard before (happened last night with the 595s, and I've also auditioned CD3000s previously in a dream). A few months ago I woke up suddenly from a dream where I put on a pair of HD 25's that blasted my ears!
basshead.gif

Feb 28, 2004 at 8:12 AM Post #15 of 29
I'm very interested to hear comparisons by several ppl between these and the more traditional high-end Senns (HD 580, 600, 650). Now that I have an amp and good source, I've auditioned a friend's 580, and I loved what I heard. I'm not sure if I liked the Senn sound signature or the Audio Technica...but I'd really like to compare the Senn 595, other high ends, the AKG 271, and possibly a Sony CD3k, though the fact that they are stopping production on the CD3K scares me...ah, so many phones to try!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back