555/595 surround reflector subject returned ;P
Dec 26, 2005 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

koop

Head-Fier
ok im about to FINALLY pull the trigger on a pair of headphones and was set on the 595's until i read that the 555s had some spatial sound reflector. After reading thru some rather hilarious threads on this board i can see that most of you have concluded that the 595s have this reflector too.

BUT what the hell is that peice of foam on the 555 that the 595 doesnt have? reason im so curious is im using these primarily for gaming.. so an increased sound stage is something i want. so im starting to wonder if the 555 are better than the 595 in a gaming situation (assuming that the 555 does in fact have the reflector and the 595 does not)?

im so confused ;\

btw the 595s have angled drivers correct? just double checking. also, both the 555 and 595 are easily powerd by a computer sound card correct (50ohm)
right?

Dec 26, 2005 at 8:39 AM Post #2 of 5
I don't know how the two compare but I just got the 555s for a Christmas present and love them to death already. I'll also be using them primarily for gaming, breaking them in right now listening to some dance music. I tried CS:S earlier and was in awe but I'm used to really cheap headphones so I don't know how much this proves lol.
etysmile.gif

Dec 26, 2005 at 9:06 AM Post #3 of 5
yea i think ill be happy either way, but i would like to get the better of the 2 FOR GAMING and a decent amount of music... any more input
grats on the 555s btw.

Dec 26, 2005 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 5
I do think both models have the "sound reflector." However, if you're really concerned about soundstage, neither have fanatastic soundstage. They're both in the middle, in my opinion. But I think both image fine, so I'm guessing they're suitable for gaming, but I'm not a gamer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back