500 posts!!
Oct 19, 2006 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

m_memmory

1000+ Head-Fier
Wow... I've hit 500 posts!!

When I first came here I thought how strange that people could communicate about head phones and other such stuff to do with it. At the time I had a pair of E2c for portable use and no headphone at all for home use - why when I've got speakers?

Now...

Well I've now hit 500 posts and I've now got myself a home amp, a portable amp, 2 pairs of portable phones and 4 pairs of home phones and I'm constantly wondering about the next upgrade.

I wonder what the next 500+ posts will bring?!

Anyone else got any thoughts about what happened during their first 500 posts on this forum? (that's assuming that people can remember their first 500 seeing how high some of these post counts have got!)

Oct 19, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 18

Wow, 500 posts...

Wanna cookie?

400px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

rolleyes.gif

Oct 19, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by en480c4

Wow, 500 posts...

Wanna cookie?

400px-Choco_chip_cookie.jpg

rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif

That looks delicious... I'm off to look for some food now

Oct 20, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 18
Less than 1000 to go. By which time, you must have owned at least 1 electrostat, diy-ed something and discovered vinyl.
biggrin.gif

Oct 20, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
you're not really hooked till 1500 and Headphoneus Supremus
biggrin.gif

Well I'm a third of the way there... and it's only taken me 1 year (just about) to get there.

Oct 20, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Less than 1000 to go. By which time, you must have owned at least 1 electrostat, diy-ed something and discovered vinyl.
biggrin.gif

Well... I would love to hear an electrostat.

I'm intending to kramer-mod my KSC75 (but I guess your not referring to something like that are you?)

Vinyl... well I've listened to a load of my parents stuff (on a fairly basic midi-system my dad owns) but seeing as it's not been really looked after well it's not up to anything too great (too many jumps/skips)

However I do know that those same jumps & skips can really make something great at times. First time I listened to Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell on CD I thought there was something wrong with one of the tracks as it didn't "jump" in the right place like the tape my parents used to listen to in the car (recorded from the slightly scratched LP they have)

Oct 20, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #10 of 18
I didn't even post a "yay I made HS" thread. Guess it's mostly because I've been forced to pare down my rig to something cheap and simple. Still like the community though, not a bad place to waste some CPU cycles.

Oct 20, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #11 of 18
Congrats! I'm not even close...

Oct 20, 2006 at 4:57 AM Post #12 of 18
Congrats on 500...
Let's see what happened during my first 500...
Guru started his own company and then went on to start an IT career
Doug was just starting the Music Game (now he's up to, like seven threads I think)
Ray's SR-71 was just out and receiving high praise from many
Tuberoller was making the most of relationships with nurses
I bought my first Bose Headphones and quickly sold them
We all argued about who was the hottest female artist
...and I tried but missed my first meet due to the FEXGF's addiction to Atlantic City

Oct 20, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #13 of 18
Yay, welcome to the 500 club. Now it's the race to 1000.
You were pretty quick to get your 500th... it took me a couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back