500,000 ticket requests to see Dolphins vs. Giants at Wembley Stadium, London England
Feb 8, 2007 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13
Today I heard on the radio about the NFL regular season game in which
Miami Dolphins will host New York Giants at the Wembley Stadium
in London, England on October 28, 2007.
The stadium can accomodate around 90,000 - 95,000 spectators.
This will be the first NFL game to be played outside North America.
(Sometimes NFL games take place at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City,
which can accomodate about 114,000 spectators.)

Already 500,000 requests for tickets to see the game have been reported.

daylight_aerial_1.jpg

wem_lg.jpg

new_wembley_inside.jpg

Feb 8, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #4 of 13
Feb 8, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #5 of 13
Well, it may be the first NFL game (as part of the season), but I remember seeing the Bears beat the Cowboys at Wembley back in the mid 80's. Saw the Refridgerator in action. Big fella even got a TD if I remember right

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #6 of 13
Madness! I wasn't aware that many Brits were even interested in American football. Hopefully, those teams will be better next year; especially the Dolphins.

I can see Jeremy Shockey becoming a tabloid sensation. Hope he brings Vida Guerra with him! Payback for Beck and Victoria...you give us a metrosexual and M-A-C queen. We give you Harley's and a backside!

Yeah, that sucks for the Dolphins - losing a home game. I wonder how the NFL worked that deal...

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crazy. One thing though.......wheres the poll?

x2

I don't know where I'm supposed to vote.
frown.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Madness! I wasn't aware that many Brits were even interested in American football. Hopefully, those teams will be better next year; especially the Dolphins.

I can see Jeremy Shockey becoming a tabloid sensation. Hope he brings Vida Guerra with him! Payback for Beck and Victoria...you give us a metrosexual and M-A-C queen. We give you Harley's and a backside!

Yeah, that sucks for the Dolphins - losing a home game. I wonder how the NFL worked that deal...

I believe in future seasons it will be certain they will not lose another home game, it will be other teams that do. To try and spread the unfairness out a bit.

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:00 AM Post #9 of 13
That's the one good thing about NFL games being played outside of the US. There's not a chance in Hell you could find 500,000 people ready and willing to buy tickets to a Giants-Dolphins game. Like the 49ers-Cardinals game in 2005... nobody in this country wanted to see that game, but move it to Mexico and it's sold out. That was a good move on Paul Taglibue's part, seeing the potential the NFL has in other countries.

Feb 8, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was a good move on Paul Taglibue's part, seeing the potential the NFL has in other countries.

Yeah, maybe when L.A. becomes another country, we can get our own team.
mad.gif

Feb 8, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, maybe when L.A. becomes another country, we can get our own team.
mad.gif

x2

Feb 8, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Creep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the one good thing about NFL games being played outside of the US. There's not a chance in Hell you could find 500,000 people ready and willing to buy tickets to a Giants-Dolphins game. Like the 49ers-Cardinals game in 2005... nobody in this country wanted to see that game, but move it to Mexico and it's sold out. That was a good move on Paul Taglibue's part, seeing the potential the NFL has in other countries.

Yes, it's official. I heard it on the radio yesterday and here it is:
Ticket Requests Pour in for NFL in London, England!

See you at Wembely
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back