<50 wired iem for Television, movies, shows, youtube? Joker?
Dec 14, 2022 at 1:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

000Sparkles000

New Head-Fier
So I have an old tv, using a cord and enjoy listening with my Koss KPH30icl. I have Jlab GoAirPop I got for 10 at Walmart as bluetooth for my tablet working around the house (dishes/cleaning/cooking). I dont have a smartphone yet, I have no music collection anymore either.

Now I want a wired iem, Ive looked at many reviews and the under 50 range is HUGE! But there are none slanted for dedicated movie/tv watching! So I dont know what would suit best!

Will you help me out?

ps Shoutout, where is Joker?

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 9
So I have an old tv, using a cord and enjoy listening with my Koss KPH30icl. I have Jlab GoAirPop I got for 10 at Walmart as bluetooth for my tablet working around the house (dishes/cleaning/cooking). I dont have a smartphone yet, I have no music collection anymore either.

Now I want a wired iem, Ive looked at many reviews and the under 50 range is HUGE! But there are none slanted for dedicated movie/tv watching! So I dont know what would suit best!

Will you help me out?

ps Shoutout, where is Joker?
You may want not too lean sounding wired dynamic driver earphone and with natural tuning for TV/movie

Here are several you may consider:
Kiwi Ears Cadenza ($35): https://a.co/d/8Qabjgi

Tripowin Lea($35):
https://a.co/d/dcSanEq

Dec 14, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 9
Last edited:
Dec 14, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 9
I read your review of Cadenza and that it needs tips because the included are not so good. I dont really want to do that!
Ah..Tip replacement is just for pure enjoyment over musics, for TV/Movie, the stock ear tip does enough job.

Also, I guess I have almost completed all those entry-level IEM that’s hitting this community, from Kiwi Ears Cadenza, CCA CRA+, 7Hz Salnotes Zero, Moondrop Chu/Quarks/Aria, Tripowin Lea/Mele, Tangu Wan’er S.G, etc. Why? It’s just my hobby. You see some wine lover would go liquor stores and try all 20-50 bucks wine for fun, that’s what I’m doing for the sound.

For tonal balance suitable for Movies, you may want some extra bass floor north of neutral. Salnotes Zero’s bass floor is close to neutral when compared to Lea and Cadenza. I wouldn’t use too neutral earphones when watching movies or TV shows, it will sounds pale.

Dec 14, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #6 of 9
Dec 14, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 9
Yup, just clicked helpful on your amazon review. You have reviewed many. I also looked at the Tangzu Waner. And tonight a youtuber who did a gamer/video review where Dunu Titan S looked interesting as best budget in immersive category. But $79 must have to wait.

So Lea and Cadenza cost the same on amazon. How to chose....ah, which one feels lighter in the ear? Or same?
I will need to see your review of the Waner now, the white one with gold cable looks like jewelry to me, so pretty lol. Likely Im not spelling it right, so I'll search for tangu wan'er.

Sorry about your wallet : ). And thank you for a hobby that helps us who have little money to invest to make wise choices. Since my Koss KPH30i I cant believe I have for years listened to tv with it's pitiful speakers and I can never go back. I want something for when Koss gets tiring on the ears I can pop in an iem, and then back to Koss for those binge nights.

Dec 14, 2022 at 8:13 PM Post #8 of 9
Yup, just clicked helpful on your amazon review. You have reviewed many. I also looked at the Tangzu Waner. And tonight a youtuber who did a gamer/video review where Dunu Titan S looked interesting as best budget in immersive category. But $79 must have to wait.

So Lea and Cadenza cost the same on amazon. How to chose....ah, which one feels lighter in the ear? Or same?
I will need to see your review of the Waner now, the white one with gold cable looks like jewelry to me, so pretty lol. Likely Im not spelling it right, so I'll search for tangu wan'er.

Sorry about your wallet : ). And thank you for a hobby that helps us who have little money to invest to make wise choices. Since my Koss KPH30i I cant believe I have for years listened to tv with it's pitiful speakers and I can never go back. I want something for when Koss gets tiring on the ears I can pop in an iem, and then back to Koss for those binge nights.
To be honest with you, if you can extend your budget to $79, here is my double thumb up recommendation for any use. It’s like Chevy Malibu vs Mercedes AMG.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/truthear-hexa-4-driver-hybrid-iem.26189/review/29624/

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #9 of 9
Situation resolved! I am returning the Koss KPH 30icl which was the issue with not being able to wear it as many hours as I would like. Therefore I thought an iem would give a break, then go back to the 30, which I really really like.
So I have ordered the Koss KPH 40X from Drop which has an all black headphone with 2 sets of red and blue and black pads. Now I am happy as these will be far more comfortable for me. Yay!
After my return, I will have spent an extra $20 to make me happy. Deal.
And really, what happened to Joker? Does he no longer do reviews? Did he change his name?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back