$50 optical or coaxial recommendation
May 4, 2006 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

100+ Head-Fier
I am in the market for a optical (square plug) or coaxial recommendation for less than $50. If you know any cables, if you could put a link to the website that carries them, that would be helpful. Thanks

May 4, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #5 of 8
The Belden 1694A is the commonly-used cable. I am using one as well and very very happy with its performance. A huge leap over the "no-brand" digital cable I bought in an audio store for the same price. Sounds noticably better than the Belden 1505A cable I was previously using too!
wink.gif

May 4, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
Their standard belden digital coax is excellent for the money. In fact, I think it's excellent regardless of the money. I've never bought a cable from Blue Jeans that I wasn't mightily impressed with.

I am still a little confused with their website. Is the standard cable you are speaking of the Belden 1505F? If not, could you please tell me the model number. Thanks

May 4, 2006 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 8
I have a Blue Jeans Cable Composite Video cable which uses the same exact Belden 1694A coax cable and Canare RCAP terminations as their Digital Coaxial Cable: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/composite/index.htm . Digital cables do not sound any different from one another due to their usage. Save your money. I also am highly interested in the Blue Jeans Cable Optical Digital Audio Cable using Mitsubishi Eska POF: http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/...udio/index.htm for when I get my Wadia 302 with the 24bit/96kHz Digital Inputs; one of which is designed for a plastic fiber optical cable. There is a very good reason why so many people give great word of mouth recommendations for Blue Jeans Cable -- they are a no nonsense no audiophile ******** cable company. You will save a ton of money by buying their stuff with a warranty and guarantee that is unbeatable. You will also be free to spend that money which you saved on buying more music or upgrading other components that have a greater potential for improving your headphone system such as source components, headphones, earphones, or a nicer headphone amplifier. It is also my very strong belief that Blue Jeans Cables are not colored like audiophile boutique cables which are priced at exorbinant levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back