$50 gift certificate to Wal-Mart -- HELP ME SPEND IT
Dec 25, 2003 at 11:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

MD1032

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey all, amoung my great gifts for Christmas, including my Grado SR-80's (awesome) was a 50 buck gift certificate to Wal-Mart. Is there anything audio-related I can get for my headphones besides CD's? I'm running them from my TBSC with an 1/8" cable extension so they can reach the back of the computer. Could the cable be limiting my headphones? The thing is literally 1/2" the size of my headphones' cable.

Dec 26, 2003 at 2:04 AM Post #2 of 13
Does Wal-Mart carry the Boostaroo?

very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 26, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #3 of 13
They sell some nice stuff there.

Get...Morrowind Game of the year edition, it's $30 and has Morrowind, Tribunal and Bloodmoon. I paid 50 for Morrowind and 30 for Tribunal, so feel lucky.

Spend the rest on Skillet: Collide if they sell it there, it's really good...or you could buy something that fits right on and return it for cash and buy it somewhere else.

Dec 26, 2003 at 2:15 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by djgustashaw
Does Wal-Mart carry the Boostaroo?

very_evil_smiley.gif

No, what is it?

Dec 26, 2003 at 2:38 AM Post #6 of 13
Yeah, it's a really cheap ($20) headphone amp that Radio Shack carries. Most people here seem to think it's one of the worst pieces of audio gear ever made. Understandable, though, seeing it's price.

Dec 26, 2003 at 4:42 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
buy lingeries for your women.

Don't Wal-Mart sizes for women only come in XXL?
wink.gif

Dec 26, 2003 at 5:07 AM Post #10 of 13
I'm going to have to step in here with my abnoxious political rant and briefly mention that Wal-Mart sucks! They take money out of the community, they take jobs away from people who need them, they ruin local businesses, they actively prevent union formation in their stores, etc.

I'm going to control myself, but just keep in mind when you are there that Wal-Mart is an incarnation of the devil.

More Info

Dec 26, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #12 of 13
You know whats a MUST have at walmart???

They have smiley face antenna balls with HEADPHONES ON THEM!!! how cool is that??? its like they were made for head-fi haha....found them in the car accessory section.

walmart hmmmm.....i guess you could use it to buy gifts for other ppl when birthdays or occasions come up??? haha....

Jan 3, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #13 of 13
Anyone else with reccommendations? CD reccommendations are welcome. I listen to basically anything but pop, metal, crap like that. Classic Rock and Classical are my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back