$50 decent amp for SR60
Dec 14, 2004 at 6:33 AM Post #2 of 4
I just bought a Audio Technica HA-2 used on ebay for $50 shipped. Not sure how good it is though. I dont have any power hungry cans to push it with though. will be using it with V6's and eventually KSC75s.

Garrett

Dec 14, 2004 at 12:18 PM Post #3 of 4
I use vintage 1970's receivers with my Grado SR60's. You could find an Onkyo, Pioneer, Harman Kardon, Kenwood, ect., low to medium power receiver for well under $100.00. Hook up either a phono, cd player, ect. all in one piece of equipment.

Dec 14, 2004 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by cjc
I use vintage 1970's receivers with my Grado SR60's. You could find an Onkyo, Pioneer, Harman Kardon, Kenwood, ect., low to medium power receiver for well under $100.00. Hook up either a phono, cd player, ect. all in one piece of equipment.

I've used my SR60's with my home receiver (a simple, 100W Sony stereo receiver, nothing fancy) and it sounds great with it. Also pairs well with portable amps like Maxi Moy, etc.

I disagree with those that say an amp doesn't make much difference. To me, much clearer performance, more crisp, etc. A good headphone jack can still make them sound great though. So, although an amp does make a difference, they're still surprisingly good without one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back