$50 budget for portable headphone or earphone
Apr 19, 2009 at 4:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Ashkii21

100+ Head-Fier
I am deciding on buying a portable headphone or earphone. I already have the Koss KSC75 and I really enjoy them. I think they are a great value. I am thinking of either getting Yuin PK3s or Head-Direct RE2/Fiio E5 combo. My source is mainly an 8GB Sansa Clip/KSC75, and I sometimes listen to music on my computer with a soundcard. I don't have any portable amps. I listen to classical music and recent pop/rock Argentine music. I would like something that will isolate more than the KSC75s. My first choice would be the Yuin PK3. I am open to any other suggestions for my budget of $50.

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashkii21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am deciding on buying a portable headphone or earphone. I already have the Koss KSC75 and I really enjoy them. I think they are a great value. I am thinking of either getting Yuin PK3s or Head-Direct RE2/Fiio E5 combo. My source is mainly an 8GB Sansa Clip/KSC75, and I sometimes listen to music on my computer with a soundcard. I don't have any portable amps. I listen to classical music and recent pop/rock Argentine music. I would like something that will isolate more than the KSC75s. My first choice would be the Yuin PK3. I am open to any other suggestions for my budget of $50.

nuforce 7, though i'm not sure there will be that much a difference between your koss and the nuforces

Apr 19, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 12
PK3's are great, and have a similar sound sig to the Koss', however, they simply DO NOT isolate. They're earbuds, and not meant to provide any isolation. If you're wanting more isolation than the KSC75's, you should go w/ the RE2's, plain and simple... I highly recommend the PK3's if you're looking for a non-isolating earbud though. Fantastic purchase!

Apr 19, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #5 of 12
Ok I've narrowed down my decision to the Head-Direct RE2/FiiO E5 combo. How would it compare to NuForce NE-7Ms? The NE7Ms have a microphone, will the microphone tip on the plug interfere with my 8GB Clip?

Apr 19, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 12
NE7M

Apr 19, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #8 of 12
The RE2s are very detailed phones for the money, complteley different sound sig from the NE-7Mm. And make sure to burn in the RE2s for 100 hours or more.

If iso not an issue, then the PK3s are one of the the best values in portable phones.

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #9 of 12
Well I decided to get the Yuin PK3s. I am very satisfied with them. I've tried the closed and donut foams that were included. I kind of prefer the donuts to the closed foam. Now I would like to get the RE2s.
regular_smile .gif

Apr 30, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashkii21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I decided to get the Yuin PK3s. I am very satisfied with them. I've tried the closed and donut foams that were included. I kind of prefer the donuts to the closed foam. Now I would like to get the RE2s.
regular_smile .gif

Great choice, I'm glad you're satisfied with them. I liked them a lot as well, but just needed a little more isolation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back