50% aff all Sennheiser headphones (including IE8)
Feb 16, 2010 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 92

galaxygrrl

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I went to Mac World and wanted to get a pair of Sennheiser headphones. They had a special of 50% off MSRP of all headphones. I was all ready to buy IE8s and they did not have them.

So, I was told to call 860-434-9190 and press 1. Then say I get the macworld special. Shipping is FREE, though you do have to pay sales tax.

Worked like a charm and I assume it will work for all the headphones. Has the warranty and it's straight from the manufacturer so they are real.

Enjoy.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im not so sure of this and wont be doing this.

Whatever rocks your world.

Here is a link to the Sennheiser contact us page Sennheiser USA - Contact Us

Same phone number. This is legit. Gezzz, I was just trying to be constructive and do something nice.
wink.gif

Cheers,

Beth

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #6 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by cck5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im not so sure of this and wont be doing this.

If i were you i wouldn't dismiss it so quickly, even if its a scam you should be able to force a refund through your credit card provider yes? Its a small risk for a possible big pay off.

It doesn't seem like such an obscene concept. These type of specials are quite common at conventions

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #7 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it only for Sennheisers that Mac World sells, or is this good for literally any Sennheiser headphone?

I went to the Sennheiser booth at MacWorld and there was a sign that said 50% off all headphones, so I asked for the IE 8s. They said they did not have them, but to call that number and ask for the MacWorld special. I assume it will work for all headphones. The rep I talked to this morning knew about the special and gave it to me. $249 for IE 8s. Hooray.

So, I would say try it for what you want.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:24 PM Post #8 of 92
When I look at the MSRP prices, can't you usually get the Sennheiser products for about half of MSRP. Unless you were interested in the HD800, if this deal applies to it.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #9 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it only for Sennheisers that Mac World sells, or is this good for literally any Sennheiser headphone?

I think it's for all of them. When I was at MacWorld, I went to the Sennheiser booth and there was a sign that said 50% off all headphones. I asked for the IE8s and was told to call that number and ask for the IE8s and the MacWorld special. I did, and got them for $249. I assume it will work for all the headphones. They only had the low end headphones at MacWorld. There was nothing over $50 to $75

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I look at the MSRP prices, can't you usually get the Sennheiser products for about half of MSRP. Unless you were interested in the HD800, if this deal applies to it.

When I looked around at IE8s, there are a lot of fakes floating around for less, but I could not find real ones for less than about $350. No ideas on the other product lines

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #10 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by LintHart /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If i were you i wouldn't dismiss it so quickly, even if its a scam you should be able to force a refund through your credit card provider yes? Its a small risk for a possible big pay off.

Although I agree that it is silly to so quickly imply that this is a scam, this is a very dangerous attitude to have about money/credit.

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:36 PM Post #12 of 92
I'm surprised by this whole thread. I was just trying to do something nice for someone. I was thrilled by this deal and just thought I would pass it on.

Anyway, my headphones ship next week. I'm so excited. I hope I like them better than my Shure 530s which i love, but hate the thick wires. Yippee!

Feb 16, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #15 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by grokit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where is the Mac World link?

You need to call the number on the first post and press 1 and order on the phone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by max pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so whats the price they charge over the phone? is it $250 or is it less?

I was charged $249.99 plus tax. Shipping was free

Users who are viewing this thread

Back