$50-75 IEM's with low/little Microphonic Conduction aka cord noise
Jan 20, 2010 at 4:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

DanTheMiataMan

500+ Head-Fier
So I have some CX-300's and they sound great minus the fact that the cord is almost as loud as the freaking IEM's. Anyway looking for a good sounding pair of IEM's for 50-75 with low or little cord noise. I use these mostly for running/biking/working out.

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #2 of 21
Soundmagic PL50
Meelectronics M6
Meelectronics M11

Slightly below your price range but all three work great for physical activity and have almost zero cable noise.

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 21
most over-the-ear IEMs have less microphonics.
In fact, you can try wearing your cx300's cables over your ears to see if that's a good temporary solution.
I recommend fischer audio eterna, especially since coming from cx300 you may find some other IEMs with balanced sound to be lacking in bass.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 21
oh! look at nuforce NE6 and NE8 too!
biggrin.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by thesharkbite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2 on the Soundmagic!

You might want to consider the Klipsch S4 as well...

+1 on the S4 great sound and virtually no cord noise.

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:02 PM Post #10 of 21
Yep, one pair is already on them and then two other pairs (one same size and one smaller, I think) in the included case. They're like Shure Olives in appearance, shiny black.

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #11 of 21
Slightly out of your price range but I say RE0's.

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #12 of 21
thanks for the quick reply bud. oh yeah! the olives that come with the PL12 as well.. my bad
smily_headphones1.gif
i had the comply tips in mind when i read foam tips..
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcpk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, one pair is already on them and then two other pairs (one same size and one smaller, I think) in the included case. They're like Shure Olives in appearance, shiny black.

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by unl3a5h3d /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slightly out of your price range but I say RE0's.

Actually i wouldn't recommend RE0 since the have a LOT of microphonics (cord noise when moving), i got mine today
ksc75smile.gif
(the shipping is amazing, took 3 days to get to Italy from China
beerchug.gif
) and it was one of the first things i noticed even when i'm sitting on my chair.

Jan 20, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arguggi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually i wouldn't recommend RE0 since the have a LOT of microphonics (cord noise when moving), i got mine today
ksc75smile.gif
(the shipping is amazing, took 3 days to get to Italy from China
beerchug.gif
) and it was one of the first things i noticed even when i'm sitting on my chair.

Agreed, RE0 not ideal for gym use, old cord or new. Klipsch S4 are good but not as good as the PL50 or Meelec earphones microphonics-wise.

Jan 20, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by thesharkbite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh! look at nuforce NE6 and NE8 too!
biggrin.gif

Ditto on the NE-8. They are normally used cables up with cable guides over the ears, and have very flexible cables. IMO they are a good choice for low microphonics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back