50/50
Feb 6, 2008 at 1:29 AM Post #301 of 303
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you've never heard a balanced response, you don't know what I'm talking about I guess.

Steve, you got me... I concede. By your own explanation, I cannot possibly hear a balanced response. My personal biases, my propensity for placebo effect, and the fact that my hearing (physiologically, at best, and by the design of the media e.g. the compact disc) is limited in both bandwidth and level specificity, I cannot "hear" the difference between a "balanced" response and an "unbalanced" response.

so, if the difference between a balanced response and an unbalanced response is potentially beyond my sensory experience, I guess I INDEED have no idea what you're talking about.

Keep twiddling those knobs!

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #302 of 303
I should let you know that I'm not patiently replying to your flippant posts, and putting up with your straw men and snide remarks for your benefit... it's clear that you don't listen to what anyone else says. I'm speaking for the benefit of the lurkers who do listen.

All I'm really curious about is which manufacturers you represent here on Head Fi. You already admitted that you are in the high end audio business.

See ya
Steve

Feb 6, 2008 at 1:26 PM Post #303 of 303
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should let you know that I'm not patiently replying to your flippant posts, and putting up with your straw men and snide remarks for your benefit... it's clear that you don't listen to what anyone else says. I'm speaking for the benefit of the lurkers who do listen.

All I'm really curious about is which manufacturers you represent here on Head Fi. You already admitted that you are in the high end audio business.

See ya
Steve

Me? Are you serious?

I don't recall admitting that I have any association with any company, other than being a customer. Rarely, however, do I buy new equipment. If you want I can list all the audio stuff I've bought or built, but I've never gotten anything for free (i did get a REALLY good deal on a used rega P2... but that was a fluke...). Nor do I make and sell anything audio related. I've sold a used DIY cable in the classifieds here once, but not at all for a profit. I've been given an opportunity to beta test an amp for AV123, but that's still in the works. I have not received any product. My input will largely be constructive critique of the industrial design of the product and the subjective sound quality. I have no test equipment other than a Fluke DMM. My opinions of the amp will be shared with the manufacturer ONLY, since it is a pre-production unit.

Relax, take off the tin-foil hat, and go back to twiddling your knobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back