5 ways to listen better
Aug 24, 2011 at 7:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

edvardd

100+ Head-Fier
I thought I would share this from TED Talks. It's not specifically about hifi listening but I think many of you might enjoy it anyway

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #2 of 12
Very interesting, i love Ted Talks.

1. 3 minutes a day of silence/quietness

2. Listen to differences in sound, intervals in things of daily life

3. Listen to sequences in sound (Example: dryer,etc)

4. Listening positions

5. Receive, Appreciate, Summarise, Ask

Aug 25, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #3 of 12
Thanks for the summary!

Quote:
Very interesting, i love Ted Talks.

1. 3 minutes a day of silence/quietness

2. Listen to differences in sound, intervals in things of daily life

3. Listen to sequences in sound (Example: dryer,etc)

4. Listening positions

5. Receive, Appreciate, Summarise, Ask

Sep 3, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #4 of 12
Thanks for sharing. Loved it.

Oct 2, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #8 of 12
Great vid. I wish, just as Ted, that people would listen "more", and "better". We would be in a far different and much happier world if people were more aware of what is going on around them. Understanding what they hear is another subject though. This beautifully ties in with the book "The Deliberate Dumbing Down Of America", on how listening skills are not taught in schools anymore.   

Dec 3, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #10 of 12
very good vid. i been pretty much doing that my whole life. silence is the biggest thing that will improve your listening the most. i love sitting in a dead room listening to ambient noises from the outside or just walking to a park early in the morning and just sitting there. it's very relaxing also. good form of meditation. when i go to church on sundays i always liked trying to pick up every single sound from ever person in the church. it's just interesting and calming when you finally let yourself focus and extract every ambient noise around you even in noisy places. also it's pretty much common sense as well like rest of your body,your ears need a rest so sitting in a dead room for hour or 2 is good way or just keep yourself busy and try not to turn your speakers or headphones on for 1 day. it'll let your ears relax and re-tune itself.

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #12 of 12

5 ways to listen better

1.Eat a balanced Diet

2.Keep active and exercise .Movement with balance Can help appreciation of Balanced music .

3.Avoid Toxins - Nicotine - Alcohol etc that will disrupt your Body's /Brains Chemical Balance

4.Have a Diverse and balanced Education to maintain a healthy balanced state of mind /continue to Love to Learn.

5. Listen to Balanced music

Feel Better = listen better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back