5 simple reasons why J-Pop is awesome
Aug 19, 2009 at 7:19 AM Post #16 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's one of their videos. They have a few more, but they're not uploaded by the same person..

Haha thanks that was great... maybe I've seen too many Japanese game shows but I was half expecting someone to kick them in the balls, still, it was good.

Aug 19, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #17 of 63
Yea the Pillows are decent
I like alot as I started circling through it when I started importing anime in the late 90's. It is usually very fun and upbeat.
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #18 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. I don't need the circus.

2. If you want those genres, go listen to those genres.

3. I understand all of it, unfortunately. There are many, many smarter and more articulate artists to listen to than current J-pop. The "new music" generation of the 70s of Yuming, Kaguyahime, and so on was so much better. Come to think of it, even Nakamori Akina v. Matsuda Seiko was better. Wow, now that I really think of it, even Amuro Namie is better than what's out there now. Utada is not so bad, though.

4. Blasting a song in a lounge with headphones! Even better than hello?

5. I guess hot is in the eye of the beholder, so I give you that one.
wink.gif

Exactly how i feel. Also this is the stupidest most pointless thread ever.

Aug 20, 2009 at 5:09 PM Post #21 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by yukihiro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's one of their videos. They have a few more, but they're not uploaded by the same person..
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Sorry, I don't have anything insightful to say except for...

LOL!

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #22 of 63
LOLOLOL!

My mom studied in Japan for several years...all I got from that was a love of sushi, and cute japanese girls...(although the latter definitely not)

Aug 21, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #23 of 63
I`m a big fan of `90s Jpop, mainly because it was what I was exposed to by Japanese exchange students I met at university while studying the language. I`d borrow everything from Every Little Thing to Saru Gan Seki to the whole stable of Komuro Tetsuya artists (huge Globe, Tomomi Kahala and Suzuki Ami fan) I really like the rich sound on Tomomi Kahala`s albums. First Love was a good album but I can only really get into J artists if they are cute and Utada Hikaru really isn`t to me.

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #25 of 63
I've always treated J-Pop as more of a "guilty-pleasure" kind of thing. The only Japanese music I've liked for a long time was from the Pillows. Everything else I've listened to basically fell in the category of "love it for a few days, then get bored of it".

I'll be sure to check out some of the recommendations here.

Aug 21, 2009 at 4:59 AM Post #26 of 63
There was an movie of the boy who dances Perfume.
I think, as one of the element of J-POP is unique choreography.

Perhaps the starting point there is here.
But completely personal opinion.

NHK Radio-Taisou (Radio gymnastics)
(A lot of Japanese know this physical exercise. )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_taiso

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Aug 21, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #28 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.IIZUKA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There was an movie of the boy who dances Perfume.
I think, as one of the element of J-POP is unique choreography.

Perhaps the starting point there is here.
But completely personal opinion.

NHK Radio-Taisou (Radio gymnastics)
(A lot of Japanese know this physical exercise. )

Radio taiso - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hahaha, Japanese coreography isn`t unique, it takes from Michael Jackson, American and European boy bands. Everything in Japan is copied from somewhere else. I admit Japanese usually can perfect things but to say that Japanese pop singer coreography is derived entirely from Japanese culture is ridiculous, even the pop music style itself is copied from the West.

Aug 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #29 of 63
It is suitable.
RADIO-TAISO came from the United States.

The radio gymnastics of the world first that was designed by Metropolitan Life Insurance Co. in the United States to attempt the enlightenment of the promotion of health and the hygiene thought in March, 1925, and broadcast as a commercial broadcast is a radical.
Broadcasting started in 1928 in Japan.

I think that it has started from the copy. But, you think that of individual development after the copy should be thought.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepsix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahaha, Japanese coreography isn`t unique, it takes from Michael Jackson, American and European boy bands. Everything in Japan is copied from somewhere else. I admit Japanese usually can perfect things but to say that Japanese pop singer coreography is derived entirely from Japanese culture is ridiculous, even the pop music style itself is copied from the West.

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM Post #30 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by T.IIZUKA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But, you think that of individual development after the copy should be thought.

I can`t understand this part. Don`t use a computer to translate your Japanese, it doesn`t work, you just have to learn better English. Using machine translation is lazy.

I used to be an English teacher in Japan and for homework many students use a computer to translate their Japanese words into English. They don`t understand that what you get out of a machine isn`t English and by doing their homework with a machine they improve their own English ability by 0. Machines don`t understand context and the grammar in Japanese and English is so different that it always comes out a garbled mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back