5 headphone battle ??? which is better
Jun 29, 2014 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

basshead4eva

New Head-Fier
First off im no audiophile YET im not looking for flat headphones or anything more of a vshaped sound for hip hop and rap.
my 4 headphones im considering are the :
skullcandy crusher
skullcandy mix master mikes
beats solo 2 
sol republic tracks hd
solrepublic master tracks
im looking for comfort, sound quality, portability, durability , minimum leakage of sound, decent noise blockage
im looking for advice from you audiophiles with more expierence
thanks 
beyersmile.png

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #3 of 15
im looking for advice from you audiophiles with more expierence

Well, you are seeking advice from the wrong crowd. Audiophiles, or serious headphone enthusiasts, generally don't buy sol republics, skullcandies, or beats because there are better values to be had elsewhere. So most head-fi members don't have experience with those headphones that would help you much.

The only headphone in that list that is generally considered to have decent sound are the skullcandy mix masters, and there is a good deal on them from BestBuy for $113: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/skullcandy-mix-master-dj-headphones/4919325

Jun 29, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 15
The JVC SZ2000 is the current bass king. Try getting a pair of those and then switching the earpads to something more comfortable like some Alpha pads or HM5 pads (if those fit).

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 15
I second the vote on M50x...I personally feel like they are a little bass heavy for my style of music, but overall they sound very good for the price range. They will sound excellent to anyone coming from crappy earbuds.

What you need to decide is if you are buying headphones to be fashionable or if you are buying headphones to have a better musical experience.

The M50x is a better musical experience, those others you list are a fashion accessory.

Jun 30, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #9 of 15
The post above me is right on point!
Once you get away from the just good looking/popular brands (However i dont think the m50's are bad looking by any means) And hear a good quality can from a company focused on sound QUALITY and not celebrity endorsements .. Beats are a very distant after thought... trust me i was in the same mindset at one point (a year ago i would have killed for a pair of beats studios) but now im sure that there are MUCH better options out there in terms of value. 

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:53 AM Post #10 of 15
FYI: Innerfidelity gives the Mix Master a good review: http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/skullcandy-mix-master
And that was at $299, not $119.

Jun 30, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #12 of 15
Haha when all else fails... Listen to Cel lol he always knows what hes talking about.. haha hes the one the convinced me to get the great he 400's :)

Jul 1, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #13 of 15
Haha when all else fails... Listen to Cel lol he always knows what hes talking about.. haha hes the one the convinced me to get the great he 400's :)

But with that Mix Master, I'm just going by Tyll's review and then what others have said as well who have tried it. Joker like it as well: http://www.head-fi.org/t/603885/review-skullcandy-mix-master-duality. If Tyll and Joker think it's pretty good, then can't be a bad deal for $119, especially if one HAS to have a Sol Republic, Beats, or Skullcady headphone to be stylish :)

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #14 of 15
If I remember Jude liked it as well, or at least it surpassed his expectations. Personally I find it a fun headphone which has some decent features. The bass isn't bass head level, but it is certainly not flat by any means. If memory serves, Skullcandy has a strong warranty. I'm surprised how often I've used the mute button. I bought it on a whim, and don't regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back