5 cent music downloads , $1 Albums, 320kbps? Ivave?
Dec 14, 2011 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Inakie

New Head-Fier
I recently have come across a website called Ivave.com which sells its music for 5 cents a song (every song) and they have about 2.4 million tracks, they also claim to accept paypal.
Is this site legit and legal, have any of you ever used it? It sounds too good to be true

Dec 17, 2011 at 7:14 AM Post #2 of 11
The site is registered in Australia which is a good thing.  Australia has rather solid Copyright Laws, so if they are selling illegal copies they won't be around for long.  The site (as a vendor of music) appears to be only about 10 months old, though there is history of the site being held "squatted" back to 2004.  Reviews of the site are generic...appears to be the same "Press Release" type review over and over again...

The site's user interface, pricing schemes, and library leave much to be desired.  Regarding the library and the pricing, maybe the low cost per track scares some artists away, but 5 cents appears to be an introductory price.  It appears that there is not an auto-billing/charging scheme, instead the user prepays by buying a quantity of I-coines...one I-coin = one track download.

Since it is your money and not mine : ) I say give it a try...let us know how it works for you.  There library has some interesting stuff, maybe I'll try after you test it out.

Dec 17, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 11
Good point.  They do say a few times that the $0.05 per track is an introductory price, so maybe the company is making up the difference to the artists.  I didn't see a whole lot of of new releases, so maybe the fees for those songs are not as high.  For me the overall lack of blogger/user reviews is enough to keep me away.

Feb 18, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #5 of 11
I have been using ivave since March of 2012. Someone below suggested that they haven't a lot of new releases...I totally disagree. If you go to the home page it will show you the top 100 songs from the USA, France and Europe. The 5 cents is also not an introductory price it is what it is. I bought $10 worth of icoins and still have 20 left. It is awesome. I feel better at least paying something for my music considering I can get most anything for free one way or another from the web. Albums are priced by however many songs are on it. There aren't any deals when it comes to the albums but when you are only paying 5 cents a song who can complain right?

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 11
I have my doubts that the site is legit. Couple of red flags:
1) the web site may be registered in Australia, but the cc processing is through a Latvian bank, a country not exactly famous for its enforcement of copyright laws.
2) they carry music from bands like Pink Floyd and Beatles which are not usually available for download/streaming on sites like amazon or spotify.
3) they carry "itunes exclusive" music, as pointed out in another forum,  http://ivave.com/#!/release/438686

I created an account to explore but I am not going to use it...

Feb 20, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
2) they carry music from bands like Pink Floyd and Beatles which are not usually available for download/streaming on sites like amazon or spotify.

Just thought I'd point out that here in the U.S. at least, the Pink Floyd catalog is available for streaming on MOG...

Feb 20, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Just thought I'd point out that here in the U.S. at least, the Pink Floyd catalog is available for streaming on MOG...

I know, this was one of the factors which was pulling me towards MOG when I had to decide which one to use... Even quboz, the other European streaming site, has all Pink Floyd albums. I wonder why spotify can't get their act together.

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #9 of 11
I have been using Ivave for the last few weeks and so far so good.
They don't have everything I want - but nor do anyone else - and iTunes I feel is a rip if you live in Swiss anyway.
A friends album is about 12chf on Amazon an 17chf on iTunes.

Dec 30, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #10 of 11
  The site is registered in Australia which is a good thing.  Australia has rather solid Copyright Laws, so if they are selling illegal copies they won't be around for long.

The company is based in Cyprus, not Australia (bad sign). I'm pretty sure this is a non-legit Russian company using a Cyprus offshore company. This is a common setup.

The owner information is not available on WHOIS (bad sign)

If you want to download non-legit music from Russia there are many places to do it for free. I wouldn't give them my CC details!

May 19, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #11 of 11
I have been using ivave for a couple months and they have most of what I listen to. They have both flac and good quality mp3. I don't know how much the artists are getting but for me it's harder because I live outside the region that most other stores support. I used 7digital until their stores became region locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back