5.1+ Firewire (or Express-Slot) sound device for OS-X and Linux < 200 Euro?
Jan 6, 2008 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TheInfinity

New Head-Fier
Hello,

after very bad experience with a Creative Audigy2 NX (an USB 2.0 ccard) with all operation systems (Windows: bluescreens in combination with my webcam because of limited usb bandwidth and bad windows drivers, Linux: lots of problems with software mixing, upmixing, problems with bandwidth -> keyboard is kicked, usb hard disk sometimes very slow, OSX: just 2.1 sound) I search for a new card. Since half an year i have a MacBook Pro with OS-X and Linux dual boot. So I need a card which has following:

- 5.1+ sound (I own a 7.1 sound system, but most sources are 5.1, so 5.1 is no problem, upmixing to 7.1 can be done by the sound system)
- OS-X and Linux-Support
- FireWire (after reading the problems i prefered not to have an USB card again) or perhaps Express-Slot - would also be ok
- Less then 200 Euro - better less then 100, but I dont give this wish much chance
- and of cource: good quality of sound output - good enough for home use hearing classic without arguing about bad violin sound

Is there ANY device which comes with this features? If not, any device with all features except Linux-compatibility?

Thanks for any advice
infinity

Users who are viewing this thread

Back