4th Time a Charm? - Monster Turbine Pro Gold Nightmare (Edit: 5th times ALMOST a charm)
Jun 27, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #46 of 60
If there is a return period for defective products I would go for it.  Most of these problems are noticeable from the start.

Quote:
Are these complaints limited to the pro gold and copper versions only? I couldnt imagine that these hold up worse than the regular turbines. I was considering buying the regular refurbished 50 or possibly the gold refurbished 99 but if they didnt come with full warranty, reading all the complaints have me MUCH less interested.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #47 of 60
Hmm. I was tempted to get the refurb golds bc they had improved cable/sound looks i but if a bad batch of golds is out, its a bit of a chance considering theyre mixed customer service reviews.

Anyone here get there golds refurbed/ have problems with those models or customer service?

Jul 6, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #48 of 60
Pair 5 arrived.  All seems good!  New strain reliefs.  This time the package came from a different department in Monster if I recall correctly.

2 months and 4 RMAs to get a decent pair of $300 headphones.

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #49 of 60
I'm impressed you stuck it out my friend; I'd have certainly given up after the second consecutive faulty pair. Kudos! Hope the 5'th time IS a charm.
smile.gif

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #50 of 60

Thanks.  Yeah, for some reason I had high hopes for this last pair when curiously I had a suspicion that all the others would be messed up before opening them.  Good thing I didnt leave them unopened and sell them off for a loss this time around.  Now I can finally walk to class with music!  Walking with no music was better than listening to my GF's $20 Sony's that killed my ears.

Quote:
I'm impressed you stuck it out my friend; I'd have certainly given up after the second consecutive faulty pair. Kudos! Hope the 5'th time IS a charm.
smile.gif

Jul 6, 2011 at 10:38 PM Post #52 of 60

Quote:
Another satisfied Monster Cable product owner, LOL!!!

After reading reviews of the Turbine, Turbine pros, & Miles Davis "tribute" (what a joke in iself, could not pay me to wear these in public OR in the house), you will come to the conclusion that Monster quality control is absolute rubbish.  Who cares about a lifetime warranty if you have to go every3rd month without your headphones. Seriously, I would NEVER buy a Monster product, EVER.

... i'm not quite getting what you are saying. care to further devulge your intentions? 
beerchug.gif

Jul 6, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #53 of 60

Quote:
Another satisfied Monster Cable product owner, LOL!!!

After reading reviews of the Turbine, Turbine pros, & Miles Davis "tribute" (what a joke in iself, could not pay me to wear these in public OR in the house), you will come to the conclusion that Monster quality control is absolute rubbish.  Who cares about a lifetime warranty if you have to go every3rd month without your headphones. Seriously, I would NEVER buy a Monster product, EVER.

Looking through your posts it looks like you were pretty close to buying a pair of Turbine Pros though.  Why the hostility?
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/561238/build-quality-monster-turbine-pros-vs-atrio-m5

Jul 7, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #54 of 60
So Ive spent a bit of time with the latest pair and while theyre not flawless they are the best pair yet.  Still with the right bud I get a bit of crackling when putting it in or moving it, but it doesnt cause any real deformation of the driver and does not effect sound like the others. (The others would pop the driver into a lasting deformed position it seemed)  I'll be keeping this pair unless other issues arise.

Sep 6, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #57 of 60
Honestly at this point they should offer you stock options or something. Sucks. See if they'll upgrade you to the Miles Davis Tributes. Sound of the Golds on steroids but with a build that doesn't have the same potential point of failure. Of course, if you completely swore off Monster products at this point it would be understandable if not expected.

Sep 6, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #58 of 60
You could glue it yourself and not worry about the replacement hassle. Should be fairly simple, Joker has done it many times I think. 

edit: Funny, most people thought the MDs had the worst build, but it has proven otherwise compared to the Golds and Coppers fwir. Still not that great in the MD's case though, I hope the trumpets fix that. They should manufacture in-house and not overseas. 

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #59 of 60
You could glue it yourself and not worry about the replacement hassle. Should be fairly simple, Joker has done it many times I think. 

edit: Funny, most people thought the MDs had the worst build, but it has proven otherwise compared to the Golds and Coppers fwir. Still not that great in the MD's case though, I hope the trumpets fix that. They should manufacture in-house and not overseas. 

Yeah, its not a huge issue, which is why Im not really in a hurry to get them replaced. But, since the right earbud still has some flexing/popping issues that I kind of want fixed, having the housing come unglued puts me at that point where it's almost worth it to send in if Im not going to be using them a lot in the meantime. The issue is shool just started up again and I will be using them a lot. Unless the flexing becomes worse or the housing comes apart easier, I wont be trading them in until the end of the quarter Im guessing.

Sep 25, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #60 of 60
lol
For a second there, I was expecting a Nightmare-limited-edition MTPG, and then I envisioned a MTPG with Jack Skellington on it.  That would be so awesome.
Oh well, whatever.

Mike, you should get after them with an angry voice next time, regardless of whether you find this something to get pissed off about or not.  Maybe that will motivate them to double-, triple-, quadruple-, or quintuple-check their stuff before sending you another defective replacement.

I fortunately, have yet to have any issues with my Coppers that I bought in February of last year, w00t!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back