4G 40 gig iPod availability
Aug 22, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #16 of 22
For the record, the dealer did NOT try to sell me the 3G shipped to him by Apple.
The dealer called to report that Apple had shipped him a 3G instead of a current model and that Apple said no more 4G's would be shipped until mid-September. The dealer recommended I wait.
That said, as many of you know, because of the 4G defects, some people have been seeking out the 3G models.
As for me, I can go back to a Xin-modified Sony radio and await an iPod that works. Classical music station KFUO here is not half bad. When the iPod does arrive, I expect to continue using the KSC-35 phones.

Aug 22, 2004 at 1:54 AM Post #17 of 22
Also remember America is not the only place Apple retails
tongue.gif

Japan is also going crazy for iPods

Aug 22, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #18 of 22
I might put my 4g40gig pod up for sale since I think I'm going to go for a more high-end cd player. Are any of you who are stuck waiting interested?
I have the 4 year Best Buy warrenty which is transferable. There is nothing wrong with the player and it is in new condition. I would want the full price or a possible trade for a modded cd player.

Please pm me if your interested

Aug 22, 2004 at 6:13 AM Post #19 of 22
Picked up my 4G 40GB last Thursday. My findings are the same as VTEC, very minor noise on the headphone jack and no noise from the line-out. Also found that if I backed out the headphones from the headphone jack just a tiny little bit, the noise isn't there. I think others on iPodLounge have found this workaround too.
Doesn't bother me too much as I plan on doing most of my listening with an amp. That being said, I will still likely make a warranty claim with Apple but only after they acknowledge the problem or when their QC goes up. I have a year minus a few days to do it in the mean time.

Aug 22, 2004 at 4:35 PM Post #20 of 22
I ordered a 4G 40GB from Amazon on July 29, either 1 or 2 days too late, as everyone was going for the $50 off.

* three weeks later (last Thursday) * Amazon emails me that delays are expected, please login to approve. Another 1 month delay, expected ship date in late September. *grumble grumble*

Then Amazon ships yesterday (?!). weird/crazy

Aug 22, 2004 at 11:36 PM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by rextrade
The Apple store in NYC has tons of them--just order from Apple.

Yep - I went to the one in SoHo last week and even saw Mini's on the shelf which shocked me!

Aug 23, 2004 at 1:09 PM Post #22 of 22
I bought mine a couples of days ago at the Denver Apple Store and they seemed to have a big stock of both mini and 4G.

No audio problems, but major troubles in connecting it to the PC, even after having upgraded the firmware at the 3.0.1 version.

jacopi|!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back