$450 for a Bada PH-12?!?!?!?!?!
Dec 12, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #2 of 7
I would not pay 450 for a bada ph-12. Even for 3/4 of that price I'd pass. You can try to purchase one from China at a price that is significantly less than Pacific's quoted price.

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mochimon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pacific Valve BADA PH12

has anyone ordered from these guys or is this bull?

No bull. It's a legit company.

I would advise you to purchase from them, because if your amp has any sort of problems it's much easier to deal with someone located inside the US than dealing with a small time reseller in China.

Dec 12, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mochimon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i remember the bada getting tons of hype around here a few months back. is it actually not that good?

The BADA12 is really good. Excellent bang for the buck.. But Mofets seem to blow pretty easily, & you really need to baby it..Always unpluging your headphones only when the amp is off. Waiting hrs before replacing tubes..Gets very hot, & can be micro phonic.. & I got a low level buzz when I had mine.. Believe it was interference related.. AS good as it is, it's not worth the trouble IMO..

Dec 12, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The BADA12 is really good. Excellent bang for the buck.. But Mofets seem to blow pretty easily, & you really need to baby it..Always unpluging your headphones only when the amp is off. Waiting hrs before replacing tubes..Gets very hot, & can be micro phonic.. & I got a low level buzz when I had mine.. Believe it was interference related.. AS good as it is, it's not worth the trouble IMO..

if you deal with some simple to solve issues, you have an excellent tube amp. if you, like me, totally mod the bada it is a SUPERB tube amp.

I tend to mod most of the amps anyway since NO-ONE delivers a good amp standard! Not even the high end amps have superieur parts in them. It takes a mod to bring them to their full potentional.

Standard it's allready better then most in it's pricerange and modded it surpasses even more expensive highly regarded (expensive) usa amps.

Blowing up fets while pulling out your headphone is a MYTH. Blowing up fets if you pull a tube is REAL, but that goes for any tube amp with this design. period. Once you have the tube combo you like, there is no problem at all. You only have to watch not to pull the tubes TOO soon, as you might blow the fets. The caps need to be drained first. I always change tubes after 30 minutes and i don't have a blown fet yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back