Nov 17, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 11
The mold looks kinda funny
biggrin.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mold looks kinda funny
biggrin.gif

ya and it looks like it is just a mold around an in-ear monitor.

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:11 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by thatwunguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ya and it looks like it is just a mold around an in-ear monitor.

That's because it is. It's just one of those gimmicks (like the one for iPod earbuds a while ago) targeted at the ignorant consumer.

Nov 18, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #6 of 11
Pretty sure someone (probably many someones) DIY'd themselves some custom molds with epoxy before. I think there was some blog post on it floating around the internet.

Nov 25, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 11
I'm loving how comfortable these look... Whoever designed these is pretty good
biggrin.gif
I'd love to know what kind of material it is.

Nov 25, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #9 of 11
If anyone finds a site that sells these kinds of molds, definitely let me know. I would customize them around my X10's; I could see it working
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #11 of 11
Interesting find, toxic888. That guy at cre.ations.net uses some epoxy putty to DIY his ear impressions. This is the same process as with all the DIY impression kits supplied by custom IEM manufacturers. (*) Then, he works the impressions to fit them with transducers and DIY a functional pair of IEMs.

(*) A difference is that a proper DIY impression kit includes some cotton stoppers to prevent the epoxy from going too far into the ears. Such a kit is not necessarily expensive: Earplug Superstore sells one for $15.

However, this is a bit off-topic. This thread is not about true custom IEMs, but about stock IEMs (with stock eartips) extended by custom earpieces. It is much easier (and safer) to make, but does it actually improve the isolation?

Anyway, there is a guy on eBay who sells the same idea (stock IEMs + epoxy putty) for $23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back