414 pads mod (for sr60)
Apr 5, 2009 at 5:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

odalanizi

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I searched the net and these forums... and I know this is a much talked about mod. Can someone give me a walk-through, though? the good walkthrough's I've found are often outdated and no longer contain pictures...

So basically I got the 414... what now? anyone got pictures of before and after to help me out?

thanks mucho!

Apr 5, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 4
I actually found if you make the hold slightly bigger than the existing one, it fits near perfectly. Mine happens to be just under 2 inches in diameter. I just traced the existing opening on the back of my bowl pads.

Apr 5, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 4
Here's what I did:

WARNING this mod requires sharp tools. Minors should only attempt with adult supervision.

Place the pad, hole up on something flat and sturdy that you won't mind scratching, like a kitchen cutting board or workbench.

Place a US half-dollar coin in the center of the pad. With one hand press down on the coin firmly.

With your other hand use an exacto knife, or similarly sharp blade (I used a utility knife blade) to cut through the foam around the edge of the coin. Try to keep contact with the coin as you cut to make sure you get as perfect a circle as you can.

If you don't cut all the way through the first time, just cut the remaining foam, freehand.

Fit the pads on with the original hole facing out so that it faces your ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back