40GB Rio Karma?
Feb 18, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 7
Looks EXACT same as rio 20... name just changed

rumor had it the nitrus was supposed to come out first anyways... (half a month ago at latest...) and apparently the Karma was actually supposed to be changed physically..

seems weird.

Feb 18, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #3 of 7
Interesting...a lot of people were waiting for this but I was hoping that they'd improve the previous Karma design. Like give it a remote and a case for one thing. I wonder what took so long since there don't seem to be any significant changes. I think the pricing will be the ultimate determinator on how well this 40 GB karma does.

Feb 18, 2004 at 2:27 AM Post #4 of 7
nice find. Rio is also going to release the Ntrus 4gb in late January, right?
wink.gif

Feb 19, 2004 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 7
Dead link?

The drives on the 20 Gb Karmas seem to fail at an alarming rate. I hate to see how bad the 40Gb ones fail. No matter how they try and spin or hide it on the Rio/ digitalnetworks controled forums, reliability issues confirmed by the cheesy 90 day warrenty is why I don't own one today. When it comes to reliability it is a put up or shutup case. 90 day warrenty means they chose to shutup.

Feb 19, 2004 at 1:31 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by st5150
Dead link?

It sure seems that way, I end up at a dead page as well and cannot locate a 40GB Karma on the site. I bet they put that page up on their site prematurely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back