$400 speakers
Apr 19, 2013 at 6:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Zashoomin

500+ Head-Fier
Hello
I am looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers for $400.  I have heard the Paradigm Monitor Series 7 Atom, and it sounded amazing.  Are there any other suggestions? Also I am looking for a good suggestions for an amp, possibly DIY to power these speakers.  Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  
Thanks in advance

Edit:  I would am looking for a two channel system

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #3 of 8
oops, just noticed you have a $400 cap, nevermind about the deftech sm55

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #4 of 8
Haha thanks for trying to help 
beerchug.gif

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 8
Not sure on your size restriction, but a couple to look at from internet direct companies would be Arx A1b bookshelves, hsu hb1 mk2 bookshelves and home theatre direct level 3 bookshelves.. with the HTD ones being pretty giant

Apr 28, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
Hello
I am looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers for $400.  I have heard the Paradigm Monitor Series 7 Atom, and it sounded amazing.  Are there any other suggestions? Also I am looking for a good suggestions for an amp, possibly DIY to power these speakers.  Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated.  
Thanks in advance

Edit:  I would am looking for a two channel system

While very slightly over-budget at $475 RRP (haven't checked US street-prices, might be much cheaper "in real life"), the Dali Zensor 1 are amazing. And look quite good as well. See here : http://www.stereophile.com/content/dali-zensor-1-loudspeaker
There's a very positive What Hifi review for further reading.
I use them with an Atoll In30 integrated amp and couldn't be happier.

Apr 28, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
I use them with an Atoll In30 integrated amp and couldn't be happier.

Do you have any idea where i can get a hold of one of these in the US?

Quote:
Not sure on your size restriction

As long as they fit in my room should be fine.  I don't really have a size restriction, as long as they sound good 
atsmile.gif

Apr 29, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #8 of 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Back