400 € amp for D5000 and HD650
Jan 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Fosu

New Head-Fier
Hi all, again...

I'm searching for a amp for my Denons and Senns. My budget is that 400 € including VAT and shipping costs.

My source would be that Yamaha CDX-396 and Zero DAC with OPA627 on it. I'm not going to upgrade my source yet, it's future.
happy_face1.gif

I might get used Stello HP100 for that price, would that be good for these phones?

I like my Zeros sound, but I'm thinking that it doesn't give all the power from the Senns and Denons.

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 8
I know this is a bit of an outsider but you could try the AUDIOTAILOR amps. I have a demo version of the HeadMonitor1 and it's great with the HD650s. I have also been assured by AUDIOTAILOR that it can drive efficent low impedance headphones like the D5000s.

Jan 10, 2009 at 2:12 PM Post #6 of 8
Hi!

Thanks for the advices!
I've thought what should I do and I decided to stick with my Zero and save money for better amp. So I come back in future.

Jan 10, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by swayne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about a Meier Cantate.2?

I've just ordered the cheaper non DAC version the Arietta.

Steven.

I don't believe the Arietta and Cantate share the same circuit. Cantate has balanced ground which Arietta doesn't have.

I had a Headfive and find it lacks punch so if I'm looking for 400e amp, I wouldn't buy the Arietta for 200e because I don't find worth it. Go straight to Cantate at least.

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In you price range I'd say Graham Slee Solo or Novo.
It's great for the Senns. I can't comment on the D5000 combination, but I would be surprised if it was a bad combo.

I agree, I have listened and own both the Novo and the Solo and it drive low impedance cans like the Denon/Grado/Ultrasone w/ aplomb. It also drives the Senn w/o any problems, heck in the EU Senn used to demo their HD650 w/ the Solo.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back