4-6 Speakers + Sub for music in my room?
Feb 20, 2010 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dextersventures

New Head-Fier
I am a speaker newbie, but I know what sounds good and what doesnt? I need help on speakers for my room. I have had many 2 speakers + sub setups in my room, and truly nothing sounds as good as my Jeep Liberty 8 speaker infinity system.

I want to put possibly 4-6 speakers (front, side, rear) in my room + a sub just for music. I want the music to be like in the jeep. I know surround sound music processing sucks, what I want is basically just 2 channel sound coming out.

Since most receivers have spots for only 2 speakers to power in music, how can I clone the sound to the other speakers per say? Basically, it will be 2 channel music, but it will surround me perfectly since there are so many speakers.

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahwnfras /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dont buy more speakers, buy better ones. More does not equal better.

I agree, although you could use two decent speakers connected to your 2-channel AV receiver and the rest through the other speaker outputs.

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #4 of 4
Just about any receiver has a mode called "5 Channel Stereo". Basically what that does is it clones the front channels to the rear channels, and applies a mix of the front left and right to the center channel. I'm generally a two speaker stereo guy, but I much prefer 5Ch Stereo to any "Hall" or "Party" DSP mode which are all just a bunch of reverby garbage, as well as DPL-II Music and DTS:Neo6 modes which are also generally lousy.

As for speakers, if you're looking for a 5.1 sat/sub package, Definitive Tech, KEF, and NHT all have good speaker sets for around $1000. If you'd prefer to piece together a system, there's endless choice out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back