4.4mm balanced 2-pin cable <100 usd/eur

1. Kanshiro
    I'm looking for balanced cables with 2-pin and 4.4mm balanced connectors for my new CIEMs (Custom Art FIBAE 2), preferably less than 100 usd/eur.

What brands make/supply these cables?
    What are important specifications for a IEM cable?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  2. kukkurovaca
    Venture Electroncis is one popular source of cheap cables with lots of options in terms of connectors.

Whether cables make a differnce, what kind of difference they make, and how big a difference it is, are all very contentious questions that tend to derail threads whenever they come up. : )

From a strictly practical standpoint, some major considerations about cables are:

* Length
    * Weight
    * Whether or not the cable has memory wire etc. (personal preference)
    * Microphonics/touch noise
    * Quality of construction/durability

3. Kanshiro
    Venture Electronics has a lot of options, really nice kukkurovaca!

I understand there are two camps. I myself didn't believe even balanced would make a difference in a short distance (< 3 meters), but I now have experienced it and can't force myself to use the unbalanced version (for Yamaha HS7s). So I don't find it that big a stretch that the cable will influence the sound as well.

I guess I will have to experiment and buy different cables to find out what works for me. There goes my minimalistic lifestyle of only buying 1 of what I need...

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  4. Kanshiro
  5. kukkurovaca
    Kanshiro likes this.