3rd Party electronic Repairs/Service? Recommendations?
Dec 6, 2015 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ikaretababy

New Head-Fier
I checked around and and didn't see a specific thread about repairing electronics in this or any other forum. Maybe someone could help me out.

I have a Firestone Audio Bobby Amplifier that I was more or less happy with until it started to malfunction in balanced mode. After turning the amp it stopped switching into balanced mode, instead only outputting a single-ended signal into either xlr output. Today it simply will not turn on. The amp was obtained second hand and the manufacturer does not respond to direct emails or any of the contacts provided by the(helpful) overseas distributors. the warranty information lists the same contact information and I can't tell if their mailbox is broken or they are electing to ignore my emails but I've received no help after many months of trying.

I don't know anything about how electronics this complicated work and I'm wondering if this is a case where some solder just fell loose or if anyone other than the manufacturer would be able to know what was going on inside the device. Are there resources for finding technicians that could make repairs to components like this? Do services like that even exist? As it stands its a very pretty-looking brick sitting on my desk. What do you guys do when a component breaks and the manufacturer can't or wont service it? Sorry if I'm looking in the wrong section. It's a huge forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back