3rd gen iPod touch question...
Oct 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bigburger

100+ Head-Fier
I got a 32gb 3rd generation iPod touch a few days back. When the iPod is turned off, and you look at it under light, you can clearly see that the screen part is a different colour to the black surface on either end of the screen. This is obviously normal.

Just today I have noticed that when my iPod is turned on, there is a thin line of screen right at the top that has no picture ie. its the same colour as when the screen is turned off. I'm pretty sure that none of the actual iPod display is cut off, but its like the picture has been shifted down a few pixels.

If you have an iPod touch, particularly a 3rd gen model, could you please have a look at yours under some light and tell me if this is normal or whether mine is somehow faulty. For example, when I'm on the home screen and I look at my iPod under sufficient light, its like there is a light line of inactive screen area between the black background of the home screen and the black surface of the iPod above the screen.

Hope you guys understand what I mean! Any comments are appreciated.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #2 of 2
I have it too on my iPhone 3G and remember that my iPod touch 1GEN also had this. If you look closely it's all around the screen.

Rgds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back