3G iPhone confirmed for June 9th
May 21, 2008 at 5:11 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I can find some way to avoid a 2-year contract term agreement with AT&T then I'll gladly purchase one.

Jailbreak?

If they subsidize the iphone, I'd consider getting one. My AT&T contract will be up for renewal soon...

May 21, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #18 of 20
I will totally buy a 32gb. I currently have a 8gb iphone and I always carry that around, but not my 30gb ipod. The real GPS will also be good so I won't get too lost when I out walking! XD

May 21, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #19 of 20
Trying not to be a fanboy, I've stayed away from the iPhone (I've owned 3 ipods and 4 macs), but it just makes the most sense at the moment. If android ever becomes a reality it will make for a nice alternative though. But for the time being:
- Windows Mobile: I currently own a WM5 phone, my second WM device, and I can't stand it anymore. Constant crashing, losing my data, alarms on the fritz, memory leaks, etc... After 6 years with WM I'm completely fed up, you couldn't pay me to use another WM phone. The fact that they just add eye candy to the OS without fixing any of it's problems just aggravates me more.
- Blackberry: Love them, except for the need to pay extra for the blackberr

May 21, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I can find some way to avoid a 2-year contract term agreement with AT&T then I'll gladly purchase one.

There is a way. When you activate the phone, you can put in a dummy social security number (999-99-9999 I think, you can look it up easily) that fails a credit check. That opens up an option for a pay as you go plan that doesn't include a contract. I think it's a few dollars extra every month, but probably worth it to stay out of a contract
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back