last week

May 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #2 of 22
Nothing for many months, but here's so stuff I did...about this time last year+

Clicky warning, large images.

Personal Dragon Age: Origins project. Cinema 4D, Mudbox, Photoshop

ME3 gun challenge for the Bioware forums Cinema 4D, Photoshop

Accompanying video to above render. Cinema 4D, Photoshop, Premiere Pro

For the lulz Cinema 4D, Photoshop

District 9 Assault Rifle(the WIP images show up 3rd in a google images search.lol ) Cinema 4D, Photoshop

A modelled hangar where I like to dump random models

Speedmodelling doodles, normally either just Cinema 4D or C4d + Mudbox.

May 25, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 22
Damn! Nice! That skull looks impossible, don't even know how you would model that lol, lots of Boole and Hypernurbs?

Love the earbuds, looks like a photo :D

May 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:
Damn! Nice! That skull looks impossible, don't even know how you would model that lol, lots of Boole and Hypernurbs?

Love the earbuds, looks like a photo :D

Extrusion and hypernurbs. I try and avoid boole, it leaves messy polys a lot.

My first ever "decent" IEMs, the Denon AH-C551. I have a tutorial on how I did it, but I'm not sure how relevant it is with the new Cinema packages.

May 25, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #5 of 22
I just started working on a Lyr. Tubes will be the toughest part, im bad bad bad at textures, especially glass.

May 25, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #6 of 22
Quote:
I just started working on a Lyr. Tubes will be the toughest part, im bad bad bad at textures, especially glass.

That's because the C4D render engine still sucks for glass. Try a physical engine instead, like luxrender, maxwell or octane. Of course, I'm not saying it can't be done, but it takes a long time tweaking, wheras a physical takes a long time rendering, but relatively little time tweaking.

May 25, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #7 of 22
Quote:
That's because the C4D render engine still sucks for glass. Try a physical engine instead, like luxrender, maxwell or octane. Of course, I'm not saying it can't be done, but it takes a long time tweaking, wheras a physical takes a long time rendering, but relatively little time tweaking.

Yup. I might just leave tubes out, and just do the amp, we will see.

May 25, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 22
Quote:
Yup. I might just leave tubes out, and just do the amp, we will see.

I can send you the file for this if you want to dissect the texture? I just had a play with glass and Cinema 4D's physical camera, although it should work similarly with just GI and AO, although there won't be any DOF.

May 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #10 of 22
Sent. Might take a while to render, depending on your system. I tend to crank the setting up quite high and only optimise for animations or if I'm low on time/patience.

May 25, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #11 of 22
I need a better comp. All my Booles are lagging my laptop. Big screen + crappy graphics card = freezing C4D

May 25, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #13 of 22
You'd be better off learning to poly model if you aren't going for fancy mograph animations.

I kinda know how to poly model with extrude and such, but I'm better with Boole

May 25, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:
I kinda know how to poly model with extrude and such, but I'm better with Boole

Anything you can do with boole, you can do with poly pushing (and vice versa). It's a case of the right tool for the right job though.

This would be similarly possible with either booleans and such as poly pushing, but is ultimately easier with poly pushing and smoothing.

wheras with this, either method is a very simple and quick approach.

Booleans are very useful for cutting round holes and extrusions though, properly combined with hypernurbs and correct polygon flow.

May 25, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #15 of 22
Anything you can do with boole, you can do with poly pushing (and vice versa). It's a case of the right tool for the right job though.

This would be similarly possible with either booleans and such as poly pushing, but is ultimately easier with poly pushing and smoothing.

wheras with this, either method is a very simple and quick approach.

Booleans are very useful for cutting round holes and extrusions though, properly combined with hypernurbs and correct polygon flow.

Did u model that helm? That's pretty epic. I'm not usually a big modeller, but I just started getting more into it. The cup was kinda cool, fire hydran was pretty easy. I assume you would just use knife extrude and bevel on a sphere to make that helm right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back