3D gaming software without the need to buy additional hardware?
Feb 24, 2014 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

alex8337

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know of any 3D positioning software to use for gaming that doesn't require additional hardware, something that we can use with our audiophile grade AMP/DAC combo's?

Here are the few that I've come across already but they either require additional hardware or don't work well.
CMSS-3D - couldn't get it to work without their hardware
Dolby Headphones - couldn't get it to work without their hardware
Razer - was not happy with it, it didn't work very well.

There has't to be some software out there for those of us that already have audiophile grade DAC's and AMP's...
I'm using Audez'e LCD2's with the Firestone Bobby AMP and Tobby DAC, and do not want to buy any more hardware.

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 3
i was about to say razer, but you already tried.

Even tho you said no hardware, have you consider using a digital optical cable  to connect to your pc instead of usb? (assuming your pc has optical output). 

I says this because i find audio positional is better than usb (for positioning, it sounds the same as using my onboard sound card). The difference is big enough for me to justify returning a more expensive optical cable (using it for testing) and buy a cheaper one online. 

If you are skeptical, do what i did and go to your local store with a decent return policy (like walmart or best buy) and buy a optical cable and try it out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back