$370 budget (iPhone 7 use). Excellent base, durability, soundstage, sweat friendly, for Youtube & audio books, for commute use. Hip hop / Latin / Lofi / Ambient meditation stuff.
Aug 27, 2018 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

the6step

New Head-Fier
I commute a lot and listen to Youtube, audio books, spotify, and more.

* I don't want wireless.
* I will be listening primarily on iPhone (I'll accept lightning headphone suggestions, depending on their quality, but analog is fine).
* They need to be small and portable (so like IEM's or other small things that I can tuck away safely)
* I've heard about IEM's potentially being dangerous and making you deaf, so I'm open to suggestions though.
* I'll be listening to these on my commute, so ideally other people don't hear them (I'm ok with hearing other people though).
* Comfort is important.

I love bass! Trebel second for sure, but good crisp bass is amazing! I listen to Drake, Migos, and hip hop in general, but I'm looking to get back into jazz. I love lofi. I listen to TONS of youtube (people talking basically).

Any other information, I'd be happy to give. Absolutely willing to stretch my budget more, if the value is there.

I was on this forum many years ago (2013)... you can check the 2 posts from my history if you'd like more information about what I generally like: https://www.head-fi.org/members/the6step.377991/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back