350 $ Dollar "In-ear Headphone" -Budget, suggestions?
May 20, 2013 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

KO95

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi forum!

Since purchasing the Sennheiser Momentum headphone back in January ( Thank you HeadFIers for suggesting!), i've during the last months, thought of replacing my now old, Klipsch S4I IEM. 

So i've finally decided. 
And here i'am waving my 350 $ at the manufacturer with the "best bang for the buck" in the price-range. 

After a couple of hours researching, i've found the "Sennheiser IE80", the next generation IE8 with a bit toastyer bass whom seem to fit my taste in looks, and has promising reviews. 
BUT, before i decide on grabbing these bad boys. ( http://www.head-fi.org/products/sennheiser-ie80 ) I would like to ask about YOUR opinion. 
Which IEM headphones would you grab if you had 350 $ and why? 

• Information • 

• Music styles:
- All except metal, e.g: Classic, Hiphop, D&B, House, R&B, Dance, Old/new. Bethoven's "Fur elise", Mozart, SHM, you name it/i think you understand.. with the exception of hardcore metal/metal in general. 

Mostly: Bass intensive House Music or Blues/Soul/"Motown" - Genres. 

• Budget
350 $ (around; 230 - 240 €/2300 SEK (Swedish Krona) )

Thank you for taking your time reading! 
Best Regards
- Kevin

beyersmile.png

May 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 2
For the type of music you listen to the IE80 is perfect. you can get it for cheaper than $350 if you look around. But make sure you buy it genuine and authentic. If you want a step up for $100 dollars more, get the Aurisonics ASG-2. It is like the IE80 but with more detail. I've used the IE8/80 for the past few years. Loved the IE8, sold it for the IE80. Used the IE80 as my primary iem. It has a beautiful rumble and overall complete sound that I craved. I am a house-head. I mix with the IE80's and my mixes come out great. When I listen to house, heavier bass type music, the sound that comes out of these is wonderful, post burn-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back