$350 budget Gaming Headset with BASS for PC ONLY
Feb 23, 2014 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chrisgtfo

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a headset that will be great for games on the PC and looking for great quality and bass (as i listen to Drum n Bass and Liquid Dubstep music).

It doesn't have to have a mic on the headset or be wireless, but it does have to have amazing bass and still be good for games. I have a list of headphones that I've been looking at that could be OK but not sure what's the best between them.

Sennheiser PC363D
Vmoda M-100
Turtle Beach 7X
Astro A50

Thanks for the help!
Chri

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #2 of 8
  I'm looking for a headset that will be great for games on the PC and looking for great quality and bass (as i listen to Drum n Bass and Liquid Dubstep music).
 It doesn't have to have a mic on the headset or be wireless, but it does have to have amazing bass and still be good for games. I have a list of headphones that I've been looking at that could be OK but not sure what's the best between them.
 Sennheiser PC363D
Vmoda M-100
Turtle Beach 7X
Astro A50

Beyerdynamic DT990 headphones, strong bass & treble.
Needs to be used with a decent headphone amplifier.

Feb 23, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 8
  Is there a soundcard that I should get that will improve the sound quality of the philips x1?

Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, used $60, and a Schiit Magni headphone amplifier, $99, would make a good combo for use with the 30-Ohm Philips Fidelio headphones.

Feb 23, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #6 of 8
  Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card, used $60, and a Schiit Magni headphone amplifier, $99, would make a good combo for use with the 30-Ohm Philips Fidelio headphones.

I'm from Australia and I can get my hands on the Asus Xonar models no probem but do you know if there's a Headphone Amplifier with good enough quality in Australia? Even if its on ebay or something.

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #7 of 8
The x1 won't really benefit that much from an amplifier like how some serious audiophile cans will because the x1 was designed with the general consumer in mind. It just happened to be good enough for audiophiles.

That said, An amp will improve the sound, but not significantly. The soundcard by itself will be more than enough. Just make sure you replace the stock cable.

Feb 24, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #8 of 8
  I'm from Australia and I can get my hands on the Asus Xonar models no problem but do you know if there's a Headphone Amplifier with good enough quality in Australia? Even if its on ebay or something.

Any of the Asus xonar sound cards can drive the Philips Fidelio, but a headphone amplifier should at least do a little better job.
So using an Asus sound card DS, DSX, DX, D1 with an external headphone amplifier makes a good combo.
The cheaper Xonar DG & DGX do come with a basic headphone amplifier.

I'm not sure about what headphone amplifiers are sold in Australia.
The PAV2V ships from Canada, I figure members of the British commonwealth have decent trade with one another.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PA2V2-Headphones-Amplifier-Rechargeable-Headphone-Amp-/191080803428?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item2c7d4dac64

On eBay there is the amplifier seller Fred Fred 2004, I believe he is down under.

Not sure if sold down under, but an O2 (objective) headphone amplifier would make a good long term investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back