332 vs. MKIVse
Oct 2, 2008 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jordanross

100+ Head-Fier
I have been searching for a definitive answer for months, and I'm sure that if someone has some info it would help me and all those in my predicament.

Also no arguing or speculation...

Here's my dilemma...

The source will be a Marantz CD5001
The phones will be HD650's and Grado 325i's.

I have been trying to find a headphone amp that will suit my HD650's. I have had my eye on the Little Dot MKIV se, but I am so confused, every time I run across the Dark Voice 332 thread I have second thoughts, I would hate to pick up the LD and find out that the DV would be better suited, so before I pick one of these bad boys, I would like some input from any headfier that has heard these two amps and directly compared them.

I will be keeping the stock tubes for the time being, so keep that in mind, I am interested in rolling later on though.

I've heard things about the differences of the preamps. I don't really care about this feature seeing as I am only going to be listening to headphones. So you can include it if you want but it's not necessary.

I hear the Woo 3+ is comparable although a bit more expensive. So if you can directly compare it you are welcome to throw it in.

I know there are similar threads but I feel that they don't give enough information, and are not definitive enough. So please don't get mad. I have been racking my brain to make this decision, and before posting this thread.

Thanks in Advance,

Jordan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back